Chapter 28: Memories

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I had planned a couple of things to do with Sarah today, besides her choosing going to the Shoal, I took her to the movies, a fast food restaurant, played a game of Turf War, walked around the mall for a bit, all the typical stuff she loved to do. Just anything that would cheer her up.

"Hehe this is funnn," Sarah giggled, a huge smile was on her face. I stared at her as she went on about how great the previous turf war match was and it was honestly really cute when she got fired up. "You were amazing out there too." She looked right at me with a light blush on her face. "Though, I'm not surprised since your skill level is so high." The sudden complement caught me off guard, and I scratched the back of my head shyly. "Y-Yea, I guess so. Though I can see that you've been improving too."

Sarah, who was holding my hand as we walked along Inkopolis Square, stared deeply into my eyes as her blush deepened. "Y-You're just saying that.." She murmured. Frowning, I responded, "No I'm being for real, I can tell that you've been improving." A flustered smile appeared on her face. "Thanks babe."

Hand in hand, we proceeded to walk around the plaza as more and more inklings approached us, genuinely complementing us. I was already really happy, especially since I had the inkling that I love so much right next to me, but the complements we got made me feel more positive and accepted. I was less paranoid of hostile inklings trying to start a fight, which was already annoying on its own.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

We both sat down at a table outside, we weren't eating or drinking anything, we just wanted to sit down for a bit. I was looking down at my phone before taking a picture of Mike off-guard. "H-Hey! Do I at least look decent in the picture!" He exclaimed, his face turning red. I stared at the picture of the octoling and tried my best to hold my laugh in. He had made an unintentional stupid face.

"C'mon Sarah! Delete it!" Mike exclaimed, getting up from his seat and standing in front of me, gesturing for me to hand him my phone. "Not a chance," I giggled, sticking my tongue out playfully. Mike began to attempt to snatch my phone, though I dodged all of the attempts. I eventually began to lean backwards, holding the phone out with my hand as far away from Mike and my head as possible.

He was trying to reach it and was practically hovering over me, trying his best to not fall on top. "Why won't you delete it?" He struggled, still trying to grasp the phone. Mike's face was right above mine and stared into his eyes again. "I can't," I chuckled. He looked down at me with a puzzled look.

"Memories." I added as I gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

His face seemed to have got redder at my actions, and seeing him flustered was a sight that I will never not find cute. "I-I guess..." Mike coughed, still embarrassed about the kiss. I looked down once more at the screen and laughed silently on the inside. "He's so cute..."

I peered up from my device and caught a smiling octoling staring right at me. My face started to get hot. "W-What are you staring at?" I frowned playfully with a smile. His eyes..they seemed like they were full of love and nothing more...

"Nothing. Just thinking about how lucky I feel to get to call you mine and how I can literally feel like I'm falling in love with you more and more."

The way he said it so casually made the butterflies in my stomach to intensify. 

"R-Really..?"

"Yea of course baby..."

In a blink of an eye, Mike snatched the phone out of my hand and laughed triumphantly. "H-Hey! Was all that a setup!?" I pouted, upset that he tricked me. Mike, without responding, opened my phone, stared at the picture for a moment and chuckled. "I really do look stupid here," and he handed me it back. "I thought you were going to delete the picture..?" Mike smiled slyly at me.

"Memories." He simply said.

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

Without hesitation, I pulled out my own mobile device and took a picture of the adorable, flabbergasted inkling in front of me. It was an embarrassing picture of her for sure, but she still looked cute. Sarah exclaimed protests, though I didn't hear any. "No fair! You tricked me! Twice!"

I laughed at her comment and got up from my seat. "It's only fair that I get an embarrassing picture of you if you get one of me." 

Her gaze went to the opposite side from where I was standing with a serious expression. Did I really upset her..?

"Did...did you mean what you said back there.." Sarah said it only loudly enough for me to hear. "That you felt lucky to have me and that you could feel yourself falling for me more..?"

I moved my head to see her expression, which was a saddened look with a light pink blush.

"Sarah, of course I meant it." I stood in front of her, making her to stop walking. "I seriously do mean and think that."

"Promise?" She asked.

I nodded. "Promise."

Sarah wrapped her arms around my neck as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "I love you, Mike.." She smiled happily. "I love you more, Sarah.."

We both leaned in for another quick yet passionate kiss. And even though we were in a public space where others could see us, it felt like we really were in our own little world.

A.N. Burnout > ~ <