Chapter 17 Weird things

James rolls his eyes and sits onto the opposite sofa, crossing his legs and the shy guy who really has good muscles sits on the chair nearby.

"Oh please don't make me the person who separates the lovable couple! Please sit next to each other there is a lot of place in the sofa. Isn't it James?"

I say slightly pulling and singing the last line.

James scoots and makes space for that guy.

"Ok why are you here now?" James says being annoyed and looking at his watch.

Not caring a word he said, I look up to the guy and say, "Hi I am Emma, what's your good name?"

"Ok that's it, Alex I think you can leave now!" James says standing up.

"Aww, your name is Alex! Nice to meet you!"

Alex shyly looks up at James, it kind of looked like he was asking his permission.
James nods his head and walks off towards the kitchen.

Alex clears his throat and I look back at him and nod my head.

"Hi! Nice to meet you too! See actually I know about you, you are James's fiancée right? I have read a lot about you!"

Woah! Even though it sounded a little creepy, I shake my head and say, "Forget about me! Tell me about yourself?"

Before he could open his mouth to answer. James walks in.

"I guess the little chit chat you wanted to have is over! So Alex I will see you tomorrow?"

I couldn't stop myself I say, "Oh a date huh?"

Alex shakes his head and says, "No we have a business meeting!"

He looks at James yearningly.

James just looks down at his phone, scrolling randomly.

Alex then nods his head and then looks at me and smiles sadly and says, "It was really great to talk with you! You are really a great inspiration!"

"Thanks! I haven't done anything great just my duty!" I say standing up.

He leaves carrying his laptop bag away.
***
I come back to the reality, when I hear Alex say, "Doctor am I fine? You have been looking at the case files for a while now!"

I shake my head no and place the files on the table and say, "Nothing is wrong, don't you worry! It's just a minor operation of tonsil removal. We will have you scheduled tomorrow, are you ok with it?"

"Oh thank heavens! I was so scared. I am good with tomorrow."

"Great, the nurse Maria will let you know all the details. Do you have any questions you would like to ask me?"

He shakes his head first then something flashes and then he shyly smiles and then asks, "Is it ok for me to you know...do..God this is so embarrassing!"

First I was confused then it strikes me and I say having a straight face not trying to think about it a lot, "No, I think it's fine. Just don't tire yourself a lot. Don't eat anything before you come in tomorrow. Maria will let you know about all the preparations you have to take before coming in. Anything else?"

He shakes his head and then says, "Nope! Thank you so much Doctor! I am really happy and less stressed knowing that you are doing the surgery. I know I am in good hands."

He smiles kinda weirdly and leaves before I could say anything.

I then take my phone back and text Adam.