Chapter 5 Brunch

Family dinners!! Sucks but have to do it. There is a prime rule in Thompson household! Wherever you are I don't care be in the house for Sunday brunch. It's like a ritual that we had to follow.
Once my dad had to fly all the way from Japan here only for this Sunday brunch. Because my mom threatened that she would divorce him.
My parents are happy trust me.
My mom thinks that eating together keeps the family intact, but the brunch was only us four of us, if grandma was with us.

But after a certain announcement my dear parents made at my birthday party. This Sunday we are having the brunch with the Carters. How lovely!

I just want to jump of something, I am so done with the family and the stupid pact. It's eating my mind away. After the visit to my dear fiancé's house I can't stand him anymore let alone marry him. This is becoming ridiculous.

Today's brunch my grandma can't join us as she is still hospitalized. She is going to be out by tomorrow. We had to run some tests, and I just went an extra mile to make sure if she is really ok.

I hear the house bell ring. And I look myself in the mirror I am wearing a casual dress why you may ask cause my mom forced me too.
My mom seems very condescending right.
Yup she is.

I go down to see the handsome monster drinking away coffee and sitting in the dining table as if he is owning up the space. I smile at Mr.Carter who returns me a forced smile.
And I look at my fam giving me a approval nod.
I walk up to the table and wish everyone good morning and start sipping on my coffee.
I hear a sneer and my fiancé says "Black coffee for a girl with black heart."
Everyone in the room goes silent and I give him the look are you fucking kidding me. He shrugs and cuts his pancake and pops it into his mouth.
The feeling to just strangle him was very high. But I look at my parents who shake their head and start eating.
I hear Mr. Carter say "So when can we  have the wedding?"
I was about to spit the food out. I turn to him and just stare. My dad says "Oh I have been thinking on it, my mom wished we can have it sooner as her body is not in a very good condition."
I say "No, she is perfectly alright. And remember who is the doctor here."
And I hear another sneer followed by comment "Boastful and cocky, I am so lucky aren't I?"
That's my cue, I stand up from the chair and say "That's enough mister, get out of my house right now. I don't care about the stupid pact. Go fuck yourself. I can't take another moment tolerating your presence so please leave."
My parents too get up and I see my mom was about to say something, but before she can I say "Mom if you have anything to say on this, that would be the last time you have a daughter."

James says "What you are going to turn into a man now? And become her son?"

I huff out breath and say "Oh my god are you 2 years old, why are your comments so childish."

He finally gets up from his seat followed by Mr. Carter.
James says "Oh wow it's me acting childish now, what a shame you are a famous doctor. I called you over like a mature adult to talk and what the hell you did reject all my advances. And when I said I was bi. You were acting so immature, you didn't even know what to say. And you are saying I am childish. This is ridiculous."

I stand there with my heart beating so fast unable to form coherent words. My thoughts were going wild I wanted to say a lot. But the mature side in me remained shut and put.
So keeping the most calm voice I can ever muster I say "Please leave this should be the last time we meet."

My dad intersects "Alright everyone no one is in their right minds. Let's give it a day or two and let's meet up again. Shall we?"
He looks at me pleadingly. I shake my head and leave the hall.
I walk outside taking my car keys and drive away to my house.
***
I was beyond tire was understatement. Now I am currently standing in a secluded petrol bunk wearing a dress and 3 inch heels with a phone about to die and I still have 1 hour of travel.
It was a spur of a moment idea. I should have taken a flight back to home but I was just and still so angry. My family is just being so bad. They are not in their right minds, I just didn't want to lash out and get degraded in front of the Carters.

I am sure this wasn't the end of it and I am soon expecting a call from my Grandma. And on cue my phone rings and it's my dear grandma I stare at it and see my phone dying after few rings.
I throw my phone onto the passenger seat and get into the car and start my another hour of drive.

I was literally dying of hunger and thirst when I reached my penthouse.
I was so exhausted. I could have easily stopped over and had some food. But I only had my petrol money card and nothing else. So the moment I reach my house, I charge my phone and run into the kitchen and I start eating and drinking.
So after 2 hours of snacking and watching countless YouTube videos.
I was in my bath going through the numerous texts and calls my family left.
I even had one from James and it simply said "Immature"
I blocked his number after deleting his contact and messages.
I put my phone in airplane mode and just play my Spotify playlist and close my eyes.
_________________________________
Hey guys I hope you like this.
Vote and comment