Chapter Three

I woke up from yet another night of dreamless sleep.

"No dream again?" Adeline said as she turned over in her bed to face me.

"Yup, no horrible dream," I replied with a smile on my face.

"Are you ok, Arabella? I can see worry in your eyes, what's wrong?"

"It's bugging me that I don't know why my dreams have stopped."

"Why do you need to know why they have stopped?"

"Because Adeline, they are not just dreams, they are visions from the future and if they have stopped that means something bad's going to happen!"

"The only thing that's bad is that we are not out of bed yet and getting ready for work!" And with Adeline saying that she was out of bed and at the dresser where all our clothes are.

"Come on lazyhead we're going to be late for work if you don't get your arse out of bed!"

"Alright, alright keep your hair on I'm just going!" Adeline was always like a mum to me, but mostly a sister. Ever since I first met her we have been friends, and she is always there for me.

The morning went quick as we did our jobs. As soon as we did our jobs we had to rush down to the kitchen because we were late to make breakfast. This day was already beginning to be a bad one.

As soon as we got to the kitchen the cook had already done most of the breakfast with other peoples help.

"Sorry we are late cook we were running behind on setting the fires and making the beds," Adeline apologised. We never called the cook by her first name because we don't actually know it.

"That's ok girls, I'm pretty much done here anyway. You just need to do the staff's breakfast." She gave us a big grin then got back to work, while we went and got the staff breakfast ready like she told us to.

We sat down for breakfast and like every morning I never can think of what to say to Adeline. My thoughts of the conversation were interrupted by Princess Cecilia walking into the room. Everyone immediately stood up as soon as they saw her.

"Sorry to interrupt your breakfast but it is crucial we all meet in the main hall; staff included. You will have to come immediately then resume your breakfast later. Now if you would like to follow me please."

Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this. I looked at Oliver and his eyes met mine. He saw my worried expression and shook his head at me, he mouthed the words 'no it can't be'. I ran over to him so I wouldn't lose him in the crowd of people.

As soon as I got to him, he said "No Arabella! It can't be about your visions, they aren't ment to come true till the future and it's only been a week!"

"I know Oliver, but it could be, that's what I'm scared about!"

Oliver wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close.

"Don't worry Arabella. As long as you're with me you'll be safe." I looked up to see him smiling down at me.

We followed Princess Cecilia to the main hall where all the meetings took place if it was this important. I wrapped my arms around Oliver's waist as we got closer to the hall. I was getting even more scared now!

As soon as we were all in the main hall and in lines around the edge, the King started to speak.

"We have called everyone in here today because we have heard some terrible news that has happened outside the kingdom grounds."

At his words I tightened my grip around Oliver. I was terrified now.

"The myths we have all heard about the Shadow Knights are not myths. They are true. Outside the kingdom the Shadow Knights have been destroying villages with a dangerous dragon called the Shadow Dragon. We had a messenger from a different Kingdom come here today and tell us this horrible news to warn us. Another thing he said was that it looked like they were looking for someone, someone who will stop their plans. If anyone knows anything about this or has any idea who they are looking for, please come to us straight after this meeting to let us know."

I was so shocked that I couldn't move. I had let go of Oliver as the King was speaking. As everyone was leaving the room my head started to pound in pain. Oh no, it was the same feeling I had when I was racing Oliver to the middle of the maze. No this can't happen now!

"Arabella! What's wrong?!" Oliver was looking at me with worried eyes, I tried to tell him what was happening but nothing came out my mouth! Then everything went black as I collapsed to the floor.

***

I was running from the castle into the forest. People were screaming at me to stop, but I just ignored them and carried on running. I had no idea where I was going only that a voice was telling me to.

I reached the forest in time to lose the guards that were behind me. I think they were chasing me but why were they chasing me? I haven't done anything wrong!

As I was running through the forest my feet started to lift off the floor as I ran. I weaved between the trees, the wind blowing through my purple hair. I hadn't been in the forest for a long time now and it felt good to be back in it.

I was now flying above the trees now and I could see the whole kingdom, but still had no idea where I was going. Suddenly I had a voice in my head.

"Sweetheart, you need to remember this route. Focus your mind on where you are going. It is important, my love." I tried to match the voice to a face and then it hit me. It was my father!

"Sweetheart, you are a special person destined to do great things in the future. Remember what the King said about the Shadow Knights looking for someone? Well that person is you! Now concentrate on where you are going you need to remember this route because you need to make your way here."

I did what my father said and concentrated on where I was going. I was still flying over the forest me and my father used to come in to hunt for food. Suddenly I was flying over what looked like a burnt down kingdom. My guess was that it was attacked by the Shadow Knights.

"But not yet sweetheart they haven't reached it. This is part of your future."

We turned right to a small village into the forest. This village wasn't part of the destroyed kingdom, but it probably will be destroyed by the Shadow Knights and their dragon. The forest was huge but when it finished there was more woodland after you crossed a river in between them.

I flew over the river to the other woodland, which I have never been in before. I started to get closer to the ground now. As I got closer to the ground I noticed that I was heading towards a cave in the middle of the woodland.

As my feet touched the ground my father was talking to me again.

"Now, sweetheart, you need to go in the cave and find something that will help you kill those horrible Shadow Knights and their dragon." I did as my father told me and walked towards the cave.

The hole for the cave wasn't too small but it couldn't fit more than one person to go in at once.