Chapter 13

Another week and half went by and Nom Nom was feeling very familiar and comfortable with the bears. At this point both Ice Bear and Panda also enjoyed his company. But just like the days before, Nom Nom continued to grow closer and closer to Grizz.

The day in particular went by without any major events. Grizz said that it was a 'chill' kind of day and Nom Nom had to agree with that. It was the kind of days that he missed. A month ago not a day went by when he was rushing from studio to photoshoot to interview. From the moment he opened his eyes in the morning to when he closed them a night, it was event after event after event. He never had time to relax or just sit back and do nothing. He never had the time to 'chill'.

As weird as it sounded to him, Nom Nom wished that he had more days like this when he was on top. Maybe he wouldn't have nearly died multiple times. But for now he was grateful to finally chill like he always wanted.

Grizz reached over and grabbed some popcorn, Nom Nom watched the bear lift it up his mouth and chew it. Small pieces fell in different directions. At first Nom Nom considered the way that the bear ate was completely repulsive, but now he grew very comfortable with it. He had come to realize that the way Grizz ate was an extension of his overall personality. And with time he grew to admire how Grizz could do anything with not a single care about how he looked. Nom Nom wished that he could be more like that.

Grizz noticed that Nom Nom was staring at him and looked down at him. Instead of looking away in embarrassment like he would before Nom Nom met the bears gaze and smiled.

"Do you think the butler did it?", Grizz asked the small mammal, referring to the murder mystery taking place on screen.

"If it isn't him than it's definitively the duchess. After they mentioned that her husband's will gave her the entire estate", Nom Nom surmised.

"Well, if the butler is the killer he's gonna have to take out the duchess too", Grizz inferred.

A thought came to Nom Nom's mind and he gasped. "What if the butler knows and to two of them did it together?"

"Whoa. You mean one of those secret love affairs?", Grizz gasped as well. It made so much sense. "Like they off the duke so they can have the entire estate and their love?"

"Exactly!", Nom Nom pointed at the smiling bear with a claw.

With a intense passion to see the flick through to it's end. Grizz and Nom Nom's eyes were glued to the screen, looking for any clues in the background. They also made sure to listen for any incriminating dialogue that would prove their theory correct. The bear's theory proved to be correct with delighted to both them. They watched the final scene, not exactly as they predicted, showed the duchess and former butler no longer hiding their relationship and claiming everything the deceased husband had worked for.

"I can't believe we were right!", Grizz exclaimed.

"That chase scene was intense. When the butler dropped his pen and the detective picked it up I thought he was gonna get caught for sure", Nom Nom gushed. He had watched plenty of movies before in his mansion. But there was something about watching a movie with someone else, someone like Grizz that made the movie so much better to him.

"Should we watch another? It's getting kind of late", Grizz thought aloud as the next movie was already auto loading.

"Eh, one more won't hurt", Nom Nom shrugged, but on the inside he didn't want any of it to end. He wanted nothing more than to just sit on the couch with Grizz all night and watch movies till the sun came up.

Grizz was also more than happy to press play on the next movie that had already loaded. The two bears sat close and were both hoping that the movie was long one.