Chapter 5

As the sun's light beamed through the curtains, Nom Nom roused from his sleep. As he yawned and stretched the events of the night prior replayed and he realized that Grizz was no longer in his place. No only that but all the trash and junk littered all around the room was gone too. Nom Nom blinked and rubbed his eyes, hoping that it wasn't just a dream. Sure enough, the room was now decently clean. The koala crawled out of bed and left the bedroom, satisfied that his request was fulfilled.

Almost immediately a good smell caught the koala's attention. He followed the scent to the kitchen where he found Ice Bear cooking breakfast in the kitchen. Nom Nom padded up to the polar bear and looked up at him. He had no idea if Ice Bear even noticed him until the polar bear gave him a slight glance.

"Hey...Morning..", Nom Nom greeted awkwardly, not knowing how to really engage casually. It didn't help that Ice Bear outright ignored Nom Nom's attempt. "I know you can hear me." Ice Bear simply flicked his ear, as if Nom Nom's words were just an annoyance.

"Look, I know that things between me and you guys aren't the best....But things are a little tough for me right now and I'm not really sure what I should do. Ugh, what I'm trying to say is I think we should...I want to start over", Nom Nom said, getting more and more frustrated as Ice Bear gave no signs that he was listening. "Ugh, nevermind."

"Hey, Nom Nom." The koala turned to see Grizz entering the kitchen.

"I see you cleaned up", Nom Nom stated, crossing his arms. "The room looks much better now. Thanks or whatever..."

"Yeah, I thought it better to just let you sleep", Grizz chuckled. "I'm glad that you like it."

Nom Nom felt a bit light in the chest when Grizz said that to him. But the koala pushed those thoughts away quickly.

"I'm gonna go wake up Panda. Be right back", Grizz gave Nom Nom a thumbs up and walked back towards the bedrooms.

That left Nom Nom alone with Ice Bear once again. The polar bear stepped away from the stove and opened a cabinet, grabbing some plates. He set 3 of them on the table and a gave Nom Nom a quick glance before grabbing a forth one. Turning to the stove he scooped up 3 omelets and placed them on separate plates. Nom Nom looked in confusion and watched as Ice Bear scooped up a separate omelet that looked different from the rest.

A few minutes went by and soon everyone sat around the kitchen table. The bear gathered around their breakfast, even Panda who had a special vegan omelet made just for him. 

"Alright, guys. I think it's about time we dig in", Grizz beamed. The other bears agreed and started their breakfast. 

Nom Nom watched as the bears all started to eat their omelets. He watched as Grizz dug into the meal with his bare paws. Ice Bear instead ate his omelet with a for and knife, something the koala deeply appreciated. Panda lifted his phone and took a quick picture of himself  before finally eating. That left Nom Nom to partake in the meal in front of him. He saw everything one else enjoying the food, but he still had doubts of his own. But he was hungry and it seemed harmless enough, he even began to think it probably tasted pretty good. 

He cut off a corner of the omelet and stuck his fork into it. He picked up the piece and shakily brought it close to his mouth. He took a bite and began to chew it. The three bears stopped in their motions to watch to see how Nom Nom would react. 

The koala noticed the other bears staring at him and he began to feel a bit uncomfortable. 

"So? How was it?", Grizz asked. 

"Be honest. Ice Bear can take it", the polar bear challenged. 

"Okay, honestly. I wish my cooks could make something like this", Nom Nom huffed, cutting another piece of the omelet. "It's....amazing." It was a response none of the bears at the table expected.  Grizz and Panda blinked in surprise as Nom Nom continued eating. Ice Bear slightly smiled, never expecting the koala to give him the closest thing to a complement.