The Good and Bad Girl Plan 7

A/N: Wow! I'm SO sorry you guys! How long has it been? Months? I never meant to take this long. I'm really sorry. I'll try not to take as long in updating as before. Just bare with me! Too much going on right now with college and work. Hopefully, this chapter makes up for all the waiting. Enjoy!

Isabel

"This is your home?" Isabel asked, and cringed at the way her voice sounded.

"Yes," Devlin answered. He tilted his head to the side and gave her a small, sad smile. "Some of us aren't so lucky living in a mansion."

Isabel's eyes widen and she tried swallowing a lump that had formed in her throat. "I didn't mean - I'm so sorry! It's just - I meant - " Isabel waved her arm toward the small, tidy apartment in front of her. She took a deep breath. "I meant that it's different."

"In a good way?"

Isabel smiled. "Yes, in a very good way." She gazed around at the small living that only contained a couch, a TV and a coffee table that was littered with papers, pens, coffee mugs and books. "It feels comfortable. My home is huge and sometimes I feel lonely in it."

She hugged herself and turned away from him, ashamed of what she had just uttered to him. "We all feel lonely sometimes. Even in our own home," she head him say. She felt his arms wrapped around her small form. Her back was pressed against his chest.

She leaned her head back against his shoulder and closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the moment. "Who else lives here?"

"It's just my mom and me," Devlin answered. His breath tickled her skin.

Feeling bold, she turned around and wrapped her arms around his waist, bringing him closer to her. She inclined her head back, her eyes searching for his. They stared down at her warily.

"How about we eat and watch a movie?" She asked.

He simply nodded and walked toward the kitchen, unwrapping himself from her. She felt his warmth disappear and she wrapped her arms around herself. She leaned against the wall and studied him quietly. Even though he wasn't going to admit it, she knew he didn't like the idea.

He wanted to take her out to eat but he couldn't afford the restaurants Isabel was accustom too. She wanted to tell him that it was okay, that they could go to something small and affordable, but he looked angry and she stayed quiet. Instead, he had invited her to his apartment to spend time alone.

She had excitedly agreed.

But as she gazed at him while he took out ingredients and moved around the kitchen, she realized how tired he seemed. His eyes were almost half closed, there were bags under his eyes and she saw every once in awhile, him yawning. She frowned slightly.

"Devlin, are you okay?" She asked lightly and took a step toward him. He waved her off.

"Yeah, just tired, that's all. I had a late shift at my job," he answered distractedly. He closed his eyes for a moment, rubbed his face before opening his eyes again, trying to seem more awake.

"You should rest," she said, her eyes open wide with worry. She walked toward him, wrapped a hand loosely on his waist, her hand resting on his hip and guided him away from the kitchen.

"I'm fine," he tried protesting, moving away from her. But she held onto him.

"You should be resting. Where's your room?" She asked, ignoring his words of protest. Finally, he gave out a tired sigh and pointed at the door at the far end of the small hallway. They both walked toward it slowly.