Chapter 8

The next morning, I wanted to run to the next house to investigate the next house but AS IF ... Mum grabbed hold and drove us to school. Dad kept on rattling on about what their director requires and I felt pissed off. I thought they had learnt their mistake!

Hmph. Parents.

Anyway, I had a hard time concentrating in school. Like seriously, who can concentrate on what happens when fuel and oxygen are mixed when you have a fresh. hot case waiting for you?

School finally ended after a bazillion hours.

Evan and I went to the nearby train station and went to the next house.

We rang the doorbell and I tapped my foot, impatiently. I wanted to understand what was wrong with Will ... I mean Mr Fletcher.

A lady with a baby on her hip came to the door. Their faces were just like how it was in the post that Mr Fletcher had posted on his Instagram a few days ago. Mrs Fletcher's hair was ebony black, sleek and straight. They hung over her shoulders and her eyes were mild purple. A nice combo to be honest. She was wearing a tank top over some kakhi shorts. Her baby ... oh my! So adorable! Her baby was a boy if I remembered correctly. His black hair was tousled and he was wearing a jumpsuit. He was sucking his thumb with a toothless mouth. But looking at them, something felt wrong.

Mrs Fletcher was not upset.

It felt weird seeing that for the past few houses, there had been so many cries and here she was, did not even care. The baby had a grim expression.

I quickly told her what we were here and she rolled her eyes.

"Come in. Even I don't care for my husband as much."

I asked her the same question I did for the past houses she listened wistfully but she tried to show no interest.

"Well, the bed was cold. That explains a lot. He had a cold body temperature. And that man had grown much fatter. He went to his Zumba class and disappeared that day. Truly, I don't care. He was so busy with work and it was an arranged marriage so whether you find him or not, I don't care."

"Would you mind telling us the Zumba class address?"

She told us and waved us off. We left and rushed to the Zumba class. But what really bothered me was the way Mrs fLetcher had acted. Even if it is someone who you hate, you would still be a bit concerned. I felt kind of annoyed at her behaviour. Evan told me that he felt the same and he was extremely confused.