Chapter 27

You were handed a black mask and a special pair of boots that hit just below the knee. 

The mask covered your whole face and had special goggles that helped with finding a certain target. The boots had pockets to hold weapons. Somehow, you knew how to work all of them, even without special training. Must be the chip located on your neck.

"Soldier," Fedor greeted with a grim smile on his face. You did nothing but stay at attention.

Fedor held a small remote-looking thing in his hand. "This device allows me to send mission stats and information to your chip, which will help you with your missions. It also has a tracking device and something that can shock, so don't you dare think you're free here. Do you understand?"

You nodded.

"Good," Fedor said. He clicked the button and the mission was immediately in your head.

"What's the mission?" he asked, quizzing you.

"Enter the Avengers Headquarters to grab the serum, get out. Avoid getting spotted," you answered.

Fedor nodded. "Follow me, soldier."

For the first time while you were here, someone trusted you. It made you warm on the inside, but you quickly wiped it away.

No love, no feelings. Not here... whoever I am. Whatever I am. I have one purpose, one job. No place in this world besides that.

You boarded the plane with full confidence. You were going to prove yourself.

Steve Rogers/Captain America POV

We were a mess. Ever since (Y/N) went missing, we've been crazy. Not to mention she was in the hands of HYDRA. And she had the SKH gene.

Bucky and Nat were a wreck. Bucky knew what HYDRA was capable of, and Nat knew what the Red Room could do. Not to mention they both had crazy PTSD, and now one of the sweetest people in their life was going through it, too. 

"Capsicle, wipe that worried expression off your face and help, would you?" Tony complained.

I was starting to lose it. "Would you stop yelling? You're freaking all of us out. Why are you so worried? You never even cared about (Y/N). You didn't even notice she had a stab wound. Why are you freaking out, Stark?"

All the Avengers' eyes were on Tony and me. Tony didn't answer, so I kept going.

"Are you worried about what she could do? Not even being a billionaire, a playboy, a genius, or a philanthropist will get you anywhere now. Not even Ironman."

"I was trying to push her to be better! Just like I had to be hard on Peter, I had to be hard on her. Besides, I think we will get her back easily. I'm Ironman, you're Captain America."

"Hey guys," Bruce said, but I quickly cut him off. 

"Ironman isn't going to get you anywhere. When it was just (Y/N), she disabled your suit in a fight. She's smart; she was able to come up with a solution to the serum problem. She could easily bring your company to a collapse, and you wouldn't a billionaire anymore. Being a philanthropist and a playboy can't help you in this situation. You... We should have protected her better," I yelled.

"She's just a kid!" Veins started to pop out of Stark's neck.

"That's where you're wrong," Bucky interrupted. "Not only does she have the SKH gene, but HYDRA and the Red Room aren't going to make the same mistake they made with Nat and me."

"Whatever they did to us is going to be much worse," Nat added.

"Guys!" Bruce yelled, his hulk voice coming out and green crawling up his neck.

"What?" I asked as the room silenced.

"There's a HYDRA ship coming our way," Bruce announced, pointing to the radar.

"Y/N?" Wanda asked. Bruce shrugged.

Everyone tensely went to the computer, where a red dot was quickly heading towards us. 

"ETA?" Bucky asked, concern leaking into his voice.

"I don't know... maybe five minutes?" Bruce said.

"It's a good thing we caught this early and that Parker isn't here," Tony mumbled. For once, I agreed with him.

"Suit up. This isn't going to easy," said, running off to grab my shield.

(Y/N) POV

You knew that this was a test. If Fedor really wanted that serum or had a more important mission, he would not have sent you there by a jet. You also knew that this meant that you were going to have company as soon as you landed on the top of the building.

You stepped off the ship with the wind blowing your braid off your shoulder. Both HYDRA and the Red Room were all about making things look cool and dramatic, so some Red Room agent braided your hair in an intricate braid.

You had no skin showing and your eyes were covered. The goal was to be as incognito as possible.

You entered the headquarters through the window and landed nimbly on your feet, observing your surroundings to make sure no one was gonna try to snipe you.

You crept down the hall. With the info Fedor sent you, you knew this place like the back of your hand. And, for some crazy reason, you felt like you recognized this place.

Not like it mattered. This was your life now. 

You had to sneak to the end of the building, take a flight of stairs, and then you'd be at the lab. 

Fedor told you it would be simple, but you knew to not underestimate them. You were smart and skilled, but so were they. You had to stay on your toes. 

And it was a good thing you did.

You heard some footsteps, and you turned around just in time. Your hands grabbed Captain America's shield right out of the air. You slipped it on your arm. You wanted to attack him, but you knew it would only be a matter of time until the rest of the Avenger's had you surrounded.

You picked up your pace, but your nerves were under control.

Then Natasha and Bucky stepped in front of you, pulling out a stun gun. You cursed under your breath. You were surrounded.

"Put your hands up," Sam said as he swooped in with Ironman and Wanda.

You had no reason to. 

"Listen, whoever you are, we can help you," Bucky insisted. You tilted your head to the side. 

This was the Winter-Soldier. He betrayed HYDRA. And Natasha Romanoff, next to him, betrayed the Red Room. You were better than both of them. 

You threw the shield at both of them, though Bucky easily deflected it and handed it back Steve. However, through the distraction, you were able to rip off one of Sam's wings and you put a stunner onto Wanda's neck, which went off as soon as it touched her skin (Think Thor Ragnarok... those disk things). Now she wouldn't be able to play any mind games while you took down the rest of them. 

Steve, being a super soldier, quickly caught on. "Guys, HYDRA's probably after something in the lab. Tony, go defend it." 

You growled as he flew off and you threw a grenade at his suit. It would probably damage it, but not disable it. 

All of the Avengers' eyes were on you. Everyone was waiting for some trigger to start the fight. You were hoping that this would be a quick in and out trip, but it was starting to become unlikely. Realizing that Wanda would be recovering any minute, you ran towards Cap.

You had a mission to complete, and you weren't about to fail it.

Hail HYDRA.

Hail the Red Room.