Chapter 7

You woke up with (Y/H/C) sprawled all over the bed. The soft (Y/F/C) was painted on the walls in your bedroom and had a homey and comfortable feel and look. You looked at the clock next to the bed, wondering what time Clint set your alarm for. Wiping your crusty morning eyes, you were able to make out the numbers on the clock. 5:00 AM. You sighed. No more sleeping in for now. 

You slipped on a pair on black leggings and a white t-shirt with the SHIELD logo in black imprinted on it. You put on a pair of socks and tennis shoes, and walked over to the mini fridge that Tony provided you with, hoping to grab a protein drink on the way out. As you searched through the fridge and grabbed the drink, you noticed that the clock says 5:30 AM on it. Shoot. Clint said last night he wanted you down at 5:45. You quickly threw up your unbrushed, messy hair into a ponytail, grabbed your drink, and ran down the hall.

"JARVIS, show me to the gym," you panted, your tiredness still not worn off from the early morning. 

He instructed you to the gym, his loud automated voice filling the halls. They were eerily quiet, but then again, it was only 5:40 in the morning. Your feet stomping in the hall and panting wasn't any quieter. 

You pushed open the door to the gym and glance at the clock. 5:46.

"You're late," Clint stated, appearing from behind the weight bench. He wiped off the sweat on his face.

"You're early," you replied, getting sweaty from just watching Clint set down the incredibly heavy weight. 

He raised his eyebrows at you, but said nothing in response.

"Come here," he said. He walked to the other side of the gym and, like he told you, you followed him. He stopped walking and you observed your surroundings. Large targets were placed on the walls, and guns and bows and arrows on the opposite side.

"Now, guns are more of Natasha's specialty, but I know a few things. I'm good enough to teach a  newbie," he declared.

"Okay," you responded. 

He walked over to the wall with guns and handed you a pistol.

"Basically," he said, looking at you, "you aim, pull the trigger, and hold your stance. It's that easy."

"Maybe for someone who's fought Ultron and Loki," you retorted.

"Give it a try," he sighed, gesturing to the targets. "I won't judge."

You turned around and rolled your eyes when he wasn't looking. You followed Clint's directions, but added a few in there yourself. You balancde your weight between your feet, with your dominant foot slightly more back than the other foot. You raised your arm, making it parallel to the ground. Pulling the trigger, a loud ring fills the gym and your stance faltered. When you looked to where the target was, the hole was in the very outside ring, barely missing the wall. 

"Not bad," Clint said, grinning. "You didn't do too bad when HYDRA attacked, so--"

"So that's what the group that attacked at the party was? No one told me anything about them."

"Oh, um, I wasn't supposed to tell you that," Clint stuttered, trying to fix his mistake. "Well, let's try this again, take the gun--"

"Stop," you interrupted again. "What does HYDRA do?"

" (Y/N), let me talk to the rest of the Avengers about this, to see if we can trust you with this highly classified information. But you shouldn't worry about it."

You pressed your lips together, but you kept yourself from asking another question. "Okay," you agreed. Clint's shoulders physically slumped in relief.