Epilogue

One year later...

On the evening of the 14th of July of 2022, Clarke was in the kitchen, moving her hips to the rhythm of some soft jazz music in the background while preparing her wife's favourite meal for their third "Paris anniversary", as they had named it.

Lexa had called her earlier to let her know that she was on her way home and Clarke could swear she had never been as excited to see her wife as she was that evening, anxious to give her the present she had been hiding from her for over a month.

About two months after their engagement the previous year, they flew their closest friends and family to L.A. to celebrate their wedding in late September. It was a small, intimate event in a rooftop restaurant in L.A. with one official photographer and completely closed for the press. They had an amazing time, catching up with their family and friends and were thrilled to find out that Raven was planning to propose to Octavia over the upcoming Christmas Holidays and Madi was already three months pregnant. She had been living with Ricky in Spain for almost a year, working in Marbella, where she had opened her fashion design studio and had already made a name for herself, especially after having designed both Clarke's and Lexa's red carpet outfits for pretty much every event they had ever attended.

One of their guests was also Clarke's friend, Isabel, who seemed to be happily in love, accompanied by her girlfriend, a well known model from London. Her grandmother had also been invited to the wedding, but due to her advanced age, she was reluctant to make such a long trip, so instead she sent her deepest apologies for not being able to attend, along with the wedding gift - an oil painting on wood she had made specially for the brides. 

Juanmi and Luna were also there, and while they were not thinking about getting married anytime soon, they were pretty excited about their new home they had recently bought together and had also adopted a dog from the animal shelter, following Octavia's example.

The brides' parents were tremendously happy for their daughters and also for the newfound friendship between them that they had developed in the last year over video calls, pleased to have finally met each other in person.

And ten months later, Clarke's heart still skipped a beat everytime she looked at Lexa and it started beating significantly faster the moment she heard the brunette unlock the front door of their house.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, love!" she shouted as she closed the door behind her. "But I have a good excuse!" she bit her lip when she saw her wife walking towards her with a radiant smile on her face. "God, you look amazing..." she said as Clarke wrapped her arms around her.

"What's important is that you're here now..." Clarke pulled Lexa into a kiss, feeling her big, soft lips on hers. "Mmm... I missed you..."

"I missed you too, babe..." Lexa buried her face in the crook of Clarke's neck and inhaled, tightening her grip around the blonde's waist.

"Hungry?" Clarke asked.

"For you? Always..." Lexa replied with a smirk on her lips, making her wife laugh.

"Dinner's ready... I'll set the table out on the patio while you shower?" She suggested and saw Lexa nod at her before giving her another kiss on the lips. "Be quick, though..."

"Okay, I'll be right out..." she said as she walked away from Clarke in the direction of the bathroom.

They enjoyed their dinner al fresco, catching up and making plans for the weekend, and then it was time to exchange their presents. 

"I'll go first, okay?" Lexa was visibly excited as she grabbed her iPad from the bedroom and came right back, sitting next to Clarke. "So... I've been thinking what to get you this year... and I had this idea that I wanted to run by you... Since we almost never use the guest bedroom... well, I was thinking we could make it a recording studio for you," she said as she opened a folder with images on the iPad. "I met with an interior designer, specialized in designing music studios and she made three different versions of how it could be done... These are the plans she made and you can see them here in 3D..." she started showing Clarke the photos she had prepared for her. "So... what do you think?" she asked when she saw that the blonde still hadn't said anything after going through the images.