Chapter Fourteen, impossibilities

________________________

"We found Amy Pond." Canton spoke as he approached the imprisoned Doctor, showing him pictures of Amy's arm. "She had.. strange markings."

He threw the picture down on the floor before the timelord who was strapped to a chair. The long beard and the lunatic clothing.. he truly looked like a prisoner.

"Do you know what they are?"

"Why don't you ask her?" He paused, the small smug smile still on his lips. "What about Ophelia?"

Canton chuckled, throwing another photo down on the floor. All you could see.. was the mid section of a limp body. The white shirt she had gotten to borrow was stained with dirt and sand, and the white long locks next to it too. And her arm.. it was covered in the same markings.

"What have you done to her?" His voice dropped as his eyes met the other man's. He threw his body against itself, trying to free himself from the restraints. Of course he knew more of this than to be admitted, but he had to keep the act up.

After a whole day of building the prison around the most dangerous man in the universe, three black body bags were dragged into the black cube. Even if he knew what it truly was.. it still hurt to see. To imagine the fact that they could be dead. That she could be dead.

"Is there a reason why you're doing this?" The act was perfect, almost too perfect.

"I want you to know where you stand."

"In a cell..?" the Doctor asked mockingly while glancing down at one of the bags placed by his feet.

"In a perfect cell. Nothing can penetrate these walls. No sound, not a radio wave." The man closed the door, turning towards the Doctor. "Not the tiniest particle of anything. In here.. you are literally cut off from the rest of the universe. So I guess they can't hear us, right?"

"The door sealed?"

"You bet."

The Doctor quickly burst out of the chair, shaking the chains off and freeing himself. The three young adults in the bags quickly rose up with heavy and desperate breaths, freeing themselves as well.

Ophelia burst out of the plastic bag, coughing for a moment before she was able to stabilise her own breath. "Remind me to never get into one of these again."

"I'll make sure you don't." The Doctor's words made her smile softly.

"These things could really do with air holes." Rory complained.

"We haven't exactly had a complaint before." What a joke.

_______________
OPHELIA's POV

I kicked the bodybag off my body, brushing my skirt down and trying to brush off the dirt that stained my shirt. My body was still clammy after spending such a long time in a plastic bag.

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious if you're staying here with us?" Amy asked while panting, making me chuckle.

"Ah. No, don't worry. They know there's no way out of this place."

"Exactly. Whatever they think we're doing in here, they know we're not going anywhere." The Doctor stretched his suspenders out before leaning against what seemed like thin air, but turned out to be the TARDIS. God I had missed her. He snapped his fingers, making the door open, and we all made our way inside.

The fresh air and smell of the engines was always such a pleasure to have hit against my body. I felt the Doctor's arm sneak around my waist, making me giggle as he pulled me into a tight embrace. His lips met the top of my head, kissing softly, while I wrapped my arms around his upper body. Even after just weeks of not seeing him, the embrace he gave me was all I had ever wanted.