Chapter 20

We woke up late the next morning and decided to walk back to the castle. My mate offered to carry me but I declined. I wanted to spend more time with him. I knew once we get to the castle, he will get busy.

We walked back hand in hand.

We were not expecting the news that we got when we reached the castle. One of the officials informed us that one young boy from my pack crossed the border and was running out of the territory. Fortunately, the guards that were patrolling that area stopped him before he could get far. The boy was not harmed.

They are bringing the boy here because he refused to step back inside the pack border. They said that the boy looked traumatized so they didn't force him to go back.

My mate was royally pissed after he heard everything. He was rambling on and on about him trying to protect everyone and "these crazy teenagers trying to get themselves killed".

We waited for them to arrive at the garden. My mate was very eager to scare that boy and whack him on the head.

I was curious to know who that boy is and what happened to him. He is from my pack so maybe I know him.

Soon enough, three guards arrived dragging a boy with them.

I gasped at the boy's condition. His clothes were torn and he had nail marks on his face and arms. His neck had teeth marks and his eyes were red rimmed. His physical appearance gave clear indication of struggle.

He looked so young, height definitely over five feet. He is taller than me and I am 5'3" myself. The boy's complexion was very fair so all the marks and scratches on his body were clearly visible. He was trembling in the hold of the guards and when he saw my mate who had a murderous expression on his face, he started sobbing, trying to hide behind the guards.

I think he knew he is in front of the Alpha King.

The boy's condition was not good and he needed medical help. Who would do this to such a cute, young and innocent boy? I had a sudden urge to take him in my arms and comfort him.

"WHO DID THAT TO HIM?" my mate roared, startling all of us. He was furious. I think he understood what happened to this boy. Even I could tell that someone assaulted this poor kid.

He started trembling even more after my mate's outburst. My mate closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, wanting to calm himself.

I stepped forward slowly, trying not to scare the trembling boy in front of me.

"Hey." I said in a very gentle voice. He jumped back a little.

"Please don't be scared. We are here to help you, no one will harm you here." I said softly and gave him a reassuring smile.

Suddenly, the boy was ripped away from the hold of the guards and was in the hold of my mate. The boy started squirming in his hold and cried harder while my mate sniffed his hair.

What the hell is he doing?

"You're Ryder's mate." My mate declared after sniffing his head.

WHAT? This is Charlie? Oh My God!

My mate loosened his hold on Charlie and he fell down to his knees. He covered his face with his hands and sobbed uncontrollably. My mate knelt down to his level and hugged him. I walked towards them and joined the hug.

Charlie didn't stop crying. He broke down completely. My heart ached when I heard his gut-wrenching sobs.

We all were shocked when we heard a loud, menacing growl and Charlie was ripped away from us.