A letter to my beloved

Dear Love,

When you held my hand on that fateful day, neither of us were certain about what the future held. But we decided in our minds, "to hell with uncertainties... cause BOY it feels right". Standing here today, with you still by my side, I can say with certainty, it was the best decision I'd ever made.

It's been a fun ride with you. Sure there were a few light storms along the way, but hey, what's the fun in having spring all year round huh? We fight numerous times, but when the day ends, we find our way back to each other every time.

You changed my life in more ways than possible. The way with you every touch starting from the first time you held my hand, every kiss starting from the first kiss I ever had, every hug starting from the one right after our first kiss, every conversation, every laugh and every breath with you felt so right. All of which brings me to realise, I've only ever really been in love once in my life.

Your soul sang to mine, the most enchanting song ever. I was defenceless to the entirety of you. I could not, for the life of me, stay away. I gave every wounded piece of my soul to you, knowing full well the power I was handing to you. I was confident, that you would only mend my pieces with your unwavering love.

Don't think I'm unaware of how much of yourself... you've surrendered to me. I promise to love every part of you with all of me. To hold you together every time you fall apart. To kiss those dark thoughts away every time they haunt you. To protect you whenever the world scares you. 

Yours lovingly,
A girl in love.