XVI

Excuse any mistakes, it's unedited x

Rye's POV-

Three days later

"Andy, you're looking much better, if you don't mind my saying," Mum smiled, placing her hand over Andy's as he put his fork down. He looked up and smiled a genuine smile, making my heart soar. The week or so he'd been staying here, he'd truly blossomed from his shell, broken down the walls he'd had up.

"Th-Thank you, Sarah. I really ap-appreciate you guys t-taking me in."

"Anytime, darling. Our home is always your home," she nodded, winking at me. I hadn't told her or Dad about the fact I was gay, or that Andy and I were together, and knew Robbie hadn't told her, so it threw me off a bit. Nevertheless, I returned the grin. "Have your parents come home yet?"

"No, th-they haven't. They should be b-back soon, though." He had finished his food, pushing the plate away before nodding at Mum. "That was a-amazing, thank you."

"Oh, thank you! More of a compliment than what I get from Ryan," she laughed, making Andy laugh softly before squeezing my thigh under the table.

"Hey, at least I tell you it's nice every time," I pouted, taking Andy's plate and my own to the kitchen.

Mum appeared beside me, taking the sponge from me as she began to wash up. "Baby? Let me talk to you for a sec. I think Andy should see someone for his stutter," she said quietly, and I looked through the door to see Andy playing with the twins, unaware we were talking. "It's not a good sign, darling."

"I know, but he's just not ready to see a therapist yet," I whispered, wiping the plate clean. It was only Andy's choice to see a therapist when he was ready, and I wasn't going to force him or influence his choice in any way.

"It's not my place to say this, but I'm just wondering if there's something more going on that he hasn't told us," she said, and I stayed silent, me being the only one he'd told, and Robbie.

"I don't know. I guess he'll tell us when he's ready," I shrugged, finishing off the last plate and drying my hands. Mum stopped me to kiss my forehead, smiling sadly over at Andy even though he didn't see. I sighed and left, sitting beside Andy.

"Can Andy stay with us forever?" Sammie asked, hugging Andy's neck. Shaun was playing with the blonde's fingers, and Sammie's question made us both laugh.

"You w-wouldn't get sick of me? I know even Rye does s-sometimes. And I can be stroppy a-at times," Andy grinned, smiling up at me.

"That is true, sometimes you can. And yes, I do get sick of you. But I wouldn't trade you for the world," I replied, winking. Shaun laughed, leaning up to whisper in my ear.

"Do you think Andy's pretty? I do," Shaun smiled, catching Andy's eye as he whispered.

"Yes, I do." I kissed him on the head, then Sammie, standing up. "Now, if you'll excuse us, Andy and I have to go finish our homework."

Somehow they believed it, Andy laughing softly as we came up to my room. "I f-feel bad for lying. What did Shaun a-ask you?"

"Asked if I thought you were pretty," I replied. "And I said yes, of course. Now, come here."

I hooked my fingers onto the waistband of Andy's joggers, tugging him into a kiss as we fell into the bed, his legs wrapping my waist as I reached up to run my hands though his hair, deepening the kiss the further we went on. Flipping us over so now I was hovering over Andy, kissing down the side of his neck.

"Oh-h, Rye! F-fuck, that's so g-good..." he whispered, tilting his neck to give me more access to his bare skin. Nails scratching down my back, grabbing at my hoodie. "I love you."