𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Part Nine: Cerebro 

1962. Covert CIA Research Base. Langley, Virginia.

Svet's POV

Charles, Raven, Erik and I walked up the stairs into what Hank called 'Cerebro'

Charles, Raven, Erik and I walked up the stairs into what Hank called 'Cerebro'. We were going to find other mutants, by using Charles' telepathic powers to find them, since Cerebro amplified brainwaves and it could enhance Charles' powers.

"I, uh... I call it Cerebro" Hank began walking around the former radar installation.

"You..." Charles began, laughing a tad, god that was quite British.

" As in the Spanish for 'brain.' " I finished.

"Okay, so, uh, the electrodes connect Charles to the transmitter on the roof. When he picks up a..." Hank began, clearing his throat. "mutant, his brain sends a signal through a relay, and then coordinates of their location are printed out here".

"That is bad-ass" I muttered, taking a look with Raven and Erik, as Charles began to climb onto the platform where he was going to stand.

"You designed this?" Raven asked. "Yeah" Hank replied nervously.

Charles stood on the platform, slipping the helmet with the wires attached to it, which were attached to the machinery. 

"What an adorable lab rat you make, Charles." Erik commented as I walked around the platform where Charles stood. 

Charles replied, cutting off Erik "Don't spoil this for me, Erik."

"Oh. I've been a lab rat. I know one when I see one" Erik continued, striding to stand next to me.

Hank flipped a few switches on the helmet "Are you sure we can't shave your head?".

"Don't touch my hair." Charles said, as I let out a soft giggle

"It's too fluffy to be shaved, Hank!" I protested, earning me a smile from Charles and a laugh each from Raven and Erik.

Hank flipped on the rest of the switches on the machinery as we watched as Cerebro whirled into life, Charles' eyes shut and the room darkened. Cerebro's helmet lit up on Charles' head and his eyes popped open with a gasp, clutching the railing for the platform. We all watched in fascination. Charles and the lot of us began to laugh as Cerebro collected results.