Chapter 9

Melanie's POV

A few days passed, yet it was a whole new change for us all.

Bella became stronger - not fully, but she was getting there - and I was now handling pregnancy like when I carried Junior. All I needed was human blood, apparently.

But because I drink human blood, there's a familiar red tint to my eyes, something I only saw back in my newborn times. Therefore I've been kind of avoiding mirrors, so I don't get reminded.

Jasper was back at my side after a few hours; at first, he stayed a good metres away from me as a caution, but now he's able to control his thirst around me to the point he would even rest his head on my lap, the cup of blood hovering above him. Everyone could feel how immensely proud I was for my husband when it happened.

Even thinking about the memory now, the familiar proudness entered my body, distracting Jasper. He tore his eyes away from the tv, looking up at me from my lap to show me a beautiful smile. Afterwards, he pressed a kiss to my stomach and went back to watching tv.

Very suddenly, Edward tensed up, turning his attention to Bella. "Did you say something?" he asked her.

"No?" she answered confused.

"What were you thinking?" he demanded, eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

"I was thinking about our honeymoon, the pillows and blankets..." she trailed off, a faint blush appearing on her pale skin. Jasper and I snickered at her response, knowing full well what she was thinking of. It only made her blush more. No wonder I felt small arousal from her...

Jacob sent me a confused look, but I simply sent him an innocent smile. I don't think he needed to know.

Jasper and my honeymoon were just like the newly wedded couple; however, ours was worse since we had no barriers to our touch. Whereas they broke the bed, we broke the room. Literally. The bed was demolished, the pillows were mere feathers, the blankets shredded to pieces. The cupboards in the room were in pieces, the walls had a few holes and dents in our shapes - even the door was on its hinges. It was basically like a hurricane had hit our room. At least we didn't break the house like Rosalie and Emmett, we still have some pride in us...

"I think I can hear its thoughts," Edward announced, snapping me out of my own memories. When I looked down at Jasper he was smirking up at me slyly, having felt my spike of emotions. He gave me a sly wink and leaned up to press a hard kiss to my lips to express his own desire as well.

"Later," he whispered lowly so only I could hear. "First, let's give Edward and Bella some privacy." Quietly, we got up from our seat and made our way to the exit, Jacob following close behind and looking mad. We parted ways; Jacob going outside, Jasper and I going to our room.

As soon as we were inside our private room I was pushed against the wall, Jasper attacking my neck and lips with kisses. "Wha-"

"Your emotions were sending me crazy down there," he said huskily, nibbling lightly on my neck. I refrained from making any noise, spotting the occupied crib near the window in our room.

"Junior is -"

"-sleeping. He's a heavy sleeper like his mother."

"The others -"

"-cannot hear us, our room is soundproof - I made sure of it."

"Our baby -"

"Is only a few weeks old, and your stomach won't get in the way." All my excuses were gone.

"Fine," I gave in, kissing him just as hard while pushing him to the bed. Who knows how long we'll get another time to ourselves.

***

"I think the boy's name is cute!" I argued, glaring playfully at Rosalie. She rolled her eyes jokingly in response. Ever since Edward found out he could read his child's mind, his whole mindset has been changed.

"It loved our voices," Edward told me, "Said it's trying its hardest to not hurt Bella."

Now he fully supported Bella's decision, which made said human very happy, but Jacob a sad shifter. But nonetheless, he was still here, supporting Bella.

Although there was good news, there was bad news as well. For instance, Bella's stomach was gigantic; I sometimes fear her stomach would just detach itself from her because of how giant she was. Not only that, but the rest of the clan were getting very thirsty. Sam and the others refused to let us out of their sights.

Luckily Jacob had a plan to divert the shifters attention, allowing Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, and Emmett to leave and hunt. Carlisle especially needed to be at his best for when Bella delivers the baby.

At first, Jasper didn't want to leave my side, but eventually, I convinced him to go - which wasn't that hard, since he really needed to drink something, having been around me and human blood. That's another thing; we need more human blood.

Jacob and Edward entered the living room at the same time, an idea appearing in my head. "What's up?" Jacob drawled out. Us ladies (me, Bella, and Rosalie) gave small greetings in return. Connecting eyes with Edward, I relayed to him in our minds what we were just talking about and what I want the two boys to do.

"Rosalie wants us to talk Bella out of the baby names," Edward chuckled.

"Well whatever it is, I am one hundred percent on your side," Jacob replied automatically to Bella. So whipped.

"If it's a boy, I want his name to be EJ. Edward-Jacob," Bella announced. The two men smiled brightly.

"Okay, that's a good name," Rosalie gave in, ignoring my smug smile. "What about the girl's name?"

"Well, I messed with our mum's names, Renee and Esme, and decided Renesmee."

"R-Renesmee?" Jacob echoed, expression twisting weirdly. He found the name strange.

"Too weird?" Bella asked worriedly. I swear if Jacob says anything...

"No, I like it. It's nice...unique," Edward swooped in, saving the day.

"See? He likes it," Bella smiled victoriously, Rosalie rolling her eyes again playfully while handing her the cup of human blood. However, Bella wasn't able to grab it properly and so the cup fell to the ground, leaving a giant mess. I held my breath and avoided looking at the blood, instead focussed on Bella.

Bella went to grab the cup when a loud crack echoed in the room, freezing us all. Bella's spine broke.

She afterwards fell to her knees, the bones breaking as well. Edward reached out just in time to catch her before she could possibly snap her neck. All this felt like slow motion for us all, but as soon as Edward caught her, we all went into action.