36.

All rights reserved...@brightlights101

November 24, 2017

Smile Jackson, you deserve to.

After having a rough night of tossing and turning, Daisy woke up at six in the morning. She let Seb wonder the great outdoors in the backyard, letting him take this time to bathe in all its glory before they go back home in the next couple of days.

Daisy started a pot of coffee, even towards her dislike for the brew, she needed something to keep her awake. Staying somewhere unfamiliar always left her uneasy, but she knew after the next couple of nights here she'd be sleeping like a baby in no time. That's if Daisy could get past Jackson's snoring too.

She stood by the sink, staring out the window as the sun peaked over the house in front of her, holding the warm cup of coffee in her hands. Everyone was still asleep in the next room over. And everyone was still asleep upstairs. It was just her and her thoughts. Or so she thought.

"You must be an early bird or you couldn't sleep," Devin walks in already dressed and ready to go somewhere.

"Couldn't sleep," she responds. "Want a cup?"

"Yes, please."

Devin takes a sip from his freshly poured cup and thanks Daisy. They stand in silence.

Devin clears his throat and gestures her to sit down with him at their small four seater table.

"Tell me, what are your intentions with my son?" He breaks the ice with a joke, hoping to ease the awkwardness.

To play along, Daisy says, "I can promise you this, there will be no X-rated shenanigans without consent first."

"I like you," he chuckles. "No wonder why my son is so smitten with you. You're a real catch."

Her cheeks flush red.

"So, what are you doing up so early?"

"Job searching."

"How's that going?"

"It's hard to be quite honest. When you haven't been in the work force for over a decade, the chances of being hired is not great. And with the times changing and companies expecting more than a high school diploma the competition is getting harder. But I promised Caroline that I'd try and that's what I'm doing."

"I'm very happy to hear that," Daisy places her hand on his.

"I'm sure my son hasn't painted the nicest picture of me, but I look to change things. I'm hoping that maybe me and my sons can somehow, someday mend what I've broken."

"Only time will tell."

A car horn goes off outside the house.

Devin stands up, "that's my ride. I'll see you for lunch."

"Okay," she waves him goodbye. "Good luck."

Finishing off her coffee, Daisy heads back upstairs to take a shower. She creeps into Jackson's room and grabs clothes for the day. He was still passed out, completely unaware.

Only taking a mere five minutes in the shower, she steps out and wraps a towel around her. Swiping a hand over the fogged in mirror and inspects her complexion, looking for any imperfections.

Abrupt and quick knocks hit the bathroom door. She jumps.

"Someone's in here," she says.

"Daisy, oh thank god it's you!" Yells Liam. "I need to take a piss. Open the door."