five ㅣ not so bad

Wrote half of this at midnight so whoops.

8D

Your eyes fluttered open, meeting an unfamiliar view.

You're in an office of some sort, sitting down. There's a tall dude who looks like they've never seen the sun.

And holy cow, he has no face.

None of you moved, just staring at each other (if that's possible when the other has no eyes). You looked around warily and stood up.

"Sit down," he said sternly.

You sat back down.

"You may address me as Slenderman or Slender. You are in my mansion and you will become my proxy. You shall live here and be trained by Jane. I hope you will be obedient and are no burden."

"Oh. Well, Slender," you shifted in your seat. "Why exactly am I going to be your proxy?"

"Someone asked me to," he spoke in a bitter tone. "I didn't favor this choice myself, but we had already talked about the consequences. If you prove to be useless or a traitor..." He trailed off. You nodded, not really wanting to hear the punishment. "You are dismissed."

"What am I supposed to do?" You turned to the door. You looked back, only to see that he disappeared. "Okay. Nice talking, then..."

You stepped out of the room and saw a child standing there. Her green eyes widened and she hugged her teddy bear tighter.

"Stranger danger! Abort mission, abort mission! Unknown pretty stranger on the loose!" She ran to the right hall. "Don't worry, Mr. Death. I shall protect you!"

You giggled at the retreating girl, but gaped at the person who walked around the corner.

"Sally?" He looked at the girl and then at you. His eyes filled with anger and confusion. "Who the-"

"Jeffy! Ruuuun!" The brown-haired girl yelled, disappearing from your view.

"You!" He took pointed a bloody knife at you. "How did you get in here?"

His words didn't register in your mind. You stared at the two giant scars on his face, making him smile permanently.

Did he do that to himself? You dismissed that idea. Of course not. Who in their right mind would do that?

He grunted at the lack of response and ran to you. He pinned you to the wall and pressed his knife against your neck.

"Who gave you the right to stare at me?" He growled, watching in satisfaction as your eyes widened in fear.

"I-I-"

"Woah, Jeff. What are you doing to the new girl?" A boy's voice questioned.

You turned to look at him. You only had enough time to register his blonde hair when the knife against your neck pressed harder.

"New girl?"

"Yeah. New proxy."

"Proxy?" He moved away from you, lowering his knife. "But she looks...weak."