four ㅣ no face

You did decide to visit, but you were met with a confusing sight.

You stood in front of the remains of Toby's house, feeling lost. You looked around with blurry eyes as if waiting for Toby or Connie, or anyone, really, to jump out and say this was all a joke.

No one did.

Frozen in place, you stared at the horrifying view. You didn't expect your visit to be like this. Heck, you didn't have anything to visit in the first place. The house was ruined. Some of the houses near it were also ruined, but it looked like it's getting fixed, while the Rogers' looked like no one had the intention of fixing it. You had no idea what happened. Your best friend was no where to be seen. You were left in the dark.

"Hey," a girl's voice said behind you. "I haven't seen you around here."

You dismissed her statement and pursed your lips, "What happened?" You managed to croak out.

"House burned. One of the two people who lived in it was found dead. The other moved out so no one needs to have it fixed, so it's not getting fixed, I guess."

"Two? What about their son?"

"I don't know anything else other than that," she shrugged. Waiting for a few moments and realizing you weren't going to reply, she spoke again. "I'll be going, then."

You watched the stranger walk away, leaving you alone with more questions.

Where was Toby?

tobyuwu

School.

That was the only thing you thought of the following weeks.

The lack of answers concerning the disappearance of Toby made you insane, so you just blocked out any thought of your best friend (tried to, anyways) and shoved your nose up in piles of books.

"What's up with you lately?" Your mom had entered your room, seeing you surrounded by books and crumpled papers.

"Nothing's up with me lately," you snapped.

"What's happened to you?" She grimaced at your attitude.

"Nothing's happened to me!" You crumpled another piece of paper and threw it on the floor. "Not to me, at least."

Your mom left the room with a frown as you paid no attention to her and scribbled down more words.

Later on at night, you pulled at your hair when you couldn't understand the words you read. You groaned in frustration when things wouldn't go your way. You slammed your head on the bedhead when you started to think of a particular person when you were supposed to be perfecting your essays. You wanted to hit and break something, but you couldn't do that, so you turned to the only way you could let out your anger. Throwing and slamming pillows around as hard as you could.

Childish as it may seem, but you just wanted to be free of the burden you had. To be free of the questions, of the storm inside of you.

You looked around your trashed room and wept.

Go away, you sobbed, as if you could drive away all the thoughts of him. As if you could stop the nagging at the back of your mind. Damn human emotions.