Dramatis Personae (aka characters!)

Get to know some of the characters from Book ONE of BLOOD & MAGIC!

Marguerite "Maggie" Stuart - 13 years old and precocious, although she sees it as lonely and unpopular. Maggie would rather read that face another rejection, but soon her world will change in ways she can hardly imagine.

Janice Stuart - Maggie's single mom, whom Maggie tends to think of as just "Jan." Recently back out in the dating scene, still carrying some anger about her departed ex Nick, and about to discover just how hard she'll fight when her daughter is in danger.

Jason Lawson - one of Maggie's classmates, and her secret crush. Jason is tall for his age and generally liked, but he's also got some dark secrets in his past.

Aaron Scribner - another student in Maggie's grade, although not in her class. Aaron is one of those smart kids whose serious studiousness would be grating if he wasn't a good guy as well.

Damon - although he appears to be in his early twenties, Damon is nothing that he seems. The heir to a vast, magical empire, Damon is also the agent by whom Maggie will enter a world seething just below the surface of ours.

Arabella - Damon's younger and MUCH scarier sister. She dresses like a Goth demo, and would as happily share a joke as offer to slit your throat. Maggie needs to beware. . .

The Burnt Man - Maggie will come to know him as Char, but as Damon and Arabella's father and the unquestioned lord of a vast, underground kingdom, she will also come to know him as her greatest adversary.

The Hunter - friend or foe, teacher or mercenary? Maggie knows Hunt as her grade eight teacher - but he's something more sinister - and perhaps indispensible.

John Tamblyn - a cop, whose portfolio is to deal with whatever can't be explained or shared with the general public. He's in a good position to help Maggie's mother, if he can avoid Hunt.

Discover all of these characters and more in THE LAST RITE!