Jin | Merry Christmas

PLEASE TURN ON THE MUSIC ABOVE! :)

19.11.2019

It was snowing heavily that day, when I first met you.

It was a magical moment, when I discovered you trying to get down from a tree.

I remember your lips pervading into a beaming smile of innocence when I asked you what you were doing up there.

"Mr, if you're not too busy, could you kindly help me down?" You smiled at me, despite your hands turning pale blue, covered in snow.

I helped you down, and only then I realized that how small and fragile you were.

I asked you again why you climbed the tree as you put on your shoes.

"I'm usually not allowed to, but my mom is away so who cares!" You brightly laughed as white puffs of breath adorned the air, and I still remember how every tone of your voice twinkled and flowed ever since then.

Then before I could say something back in reply, a nurse came running and quickly took your hand, telling you off for going outside without permission. You pouted like a little child you are and looked down at your feet with a small apology. Only then the nurse noticed me, and I remember you giving me another smile as she took you away.

"Thank you, Mr!" You said, waving your hand around. I didn't understand how you could stay so bright in such frigid and depressing weather, but your warmth reached me.

I smiled back.

21.4.2019

I was sitting in the lobby watching the cherry blossom fall when I met you for the second time.

"Mr!" You tapped my back. "What a coincidence, we met again!"

You were still bright as ever, just like the blooming flowers of newly born spring.

"You haven't been climbing trees again, have you?" I smiled as you sat next to me.

"Ms.Nurse didn't let me." You frowned with a small pout and your cuteness made me laugh.

"What's your name?" I asked, recalling when was the last time I managed to laugh so freely.

"It's Y/N!" You smiled. "You, Mr?"

"I'm Jin." I replied, patting your head. "10 years old, are you?"

"What? No way!" You exclaimed with an upset frown on your forehead. "I'm 12."

I laughed again and ruffled your hair as you glared up at me with another pout.

I remember you grabbing my hand and biting it so hard that I couldn't help but yelp in pain.

I glared at you and we both bursted out laughing.

"You know, Mr," You said. "You are the most handsome person I've ever seen!"

My eyes rounded at your unexpected remark and didn't know what to say in reply.

"I thought you were an angel came to take me when I first saw you." You laughed innocently as you played with my fingers.

That, I remember, was something that I wanted to tell you.

I also mistook you as an angel when I first saw you.

27.4.2020

We met in the lobby several times after that, and we became close friends.