Taehyung | I wish

Please turn on the music above to enjoy this chapter :)

--

--Primary School

Today a new girl came to our school. She was beautiful. The most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Her name was Y/N. I waved at her and she smiled brightly at me in reply. I felt my heart fluttering. Her voice was angelic and the way her flawless hair trailed down her perfectly-shaped shoulder made it impossible to take my eyes off her. 

I wish I could tell her how I feel. 

--High School

"You are the bestest friend ever!" She squealed as she hugged me. "Thanks so much, Tae." 

I forced myself to smile. 

Friend. 

That's what I was to her. 

Just a friend. 

Smiling happily, she turned to her boyfriend and gave him a peck on his cheek. My smile fell and I had to excuse myself to get away from the spot. 

...How I wish I could tell her how I feel.

--University

She broke up with her boyfriend. She cried and cried and I sat next to her for the whole day, comforting her. 

"You are the best." She said at the end of the day, giving me a weak smile. "Thanks for the comfort, Tae." 

I smiled back and told her again that everything was going to be fine. She leaned her head on my shoulder and fell asleep. I stared at her angelic face and let out a soft sigh.

I wish I could tell her how I feel. 

--Graduation

"We did it!!" She screamed with joy as she jumped onto me, pulling me into a hug. We all threw out hats in the air and shouted out our wishes. 

"I wish there wouldn't be any pain existing in the world!" She shouted. "Only happiness!!"

I smiled at myself. 

I wish I could tell her how I feel. 

--A year later

"..I am getting married, Tae." She spoke slowly, looking down at her feet. "This Sunday."

A strong wave of emotions hit me hard on my head. My heart sunk, but I forced myself to smile. 

"That's great!" I said, holding back the tears. 

"You'll come, right?" 

I bit my lip. "Of course." I replied with a sad smile. 

I was broken.