chapter six; i guess i like you?

KENZIE'S POV
i thought about it for hours now, now it was 2 in the morning, saturday. alex and me are just friends mackenzie. i repeated and repeated in my head. it's been only his first week in school and he already had a ton of girls trying to get at him, guess it runs in the ruiz family i guess. but there was something different from him and marcel, maybe it was the fact that he was more nicer, or everytime they talked he would smile. that smile was everything to mackenzie, not to mention the fact that he had braces which made him even cuter. he had a nice style, he managed to even look good in a suit. he had mentioned to me once, while we were on face time that since he used to live in dallas texas he was basically a cadet which meant he would dance in girl's xvs so that always explained why he would have to dress up nice. he got along very well with everyone in the group, him and me got along really well too. now, i was just so confused maybe i was catching feelings for him. but what if he didn't feel the same way i did? i was risking everything and i needed help badly.

"hey, i know it's late but can you come over? yes i promise it's important, no it can't wait until tomorrow. ok bye."

jenna came running into my room through the patio door, "i came as quickly as possible kenz. what's so important that it couldn't wait until tomorrow?" she said eagerly to know.

i took a deep breath before opening up to jenna. "ok, so i think i'm catching feelings for alex." i whispered shyly.

"oh my god. wow, that's... wow yay!" jenna whispered not trying to wake up my sister or my mom.
"ok so here's the part where i do my investigation kenz." she said taking her phone out and going to his instagram.
"what are you doing jenna?" i asked quietly.
"looking at his tagged posts to find out if alex has a girlfriend or not." she said excited.
"kenz, did he ever mention a girl named valeria to you?" she asked.
"not that i remember or recall of, why? what's up?" i asked kind of in a scared tone.
"nothing.. it's.. nothing" she said closing her phone.
"jenna, show me right now." i demanded.
"i don't think you would wanna see it kenzo." she said smiling in a sad way.
"show me now." i said getting frustrated.
"fine here you go." she said giving me her phone.
"who? why? she's ... wow she's pretty." i said looking at the video of alex and her and then looking at down at my lap.

" i said looking at the video of alex and her and then looking at down at my lap

"do you think.. they're dating?" i asked in sad tone.
"kenzie, obviously not. alex seems like an honest guy who wouldn't lie to us, most importantly he wouldn't lie to you." jenna said in an optimistic tone.
"seems like he did lie to me though, he kept valeria all quiet and lowkey. i feel like such a fool." i said looking down at my phone.
"mackenzie frances ziegler, don't you jump to conclusions, she might be a friend and we're about to prove it." jenna said.
"how are you gonna prove it exactly?" i asked
"like this." she said while calling marcel.
"hey cousin- don't you scream at me marcel. yes i'm aware that it's now 3 in the morning- are you going to let me talk!?? ok so, valeria.. alex's girlfriend? not his girlfriend whats up with that? oh... ok cool damn thanks." she said smiling and hanging up
"soo???! tell me tell me." i asked.
"they're just bestfriends nothing else." jenna said
i felt a small slight smile appear on my face. "oh thank god." i said relieved.

MARCEL'S POV
i hanged up jenna's phone call, knowing exactly why jenna wanted to know if valeria was alex's girlfriend or not. mackenzie was catching feelings for him, and i liked her a lot. i wasn't going to let my cousin take her away from me after trying to shoot my shot for years now and i knew exactly what i was going to do to make mackenzie mine.

"hey? valeria, ok i need you to come to town for a couple of weeks. alex's really misses you.. yeah so i was wondering can you take the next flight over and come surprise him? yeah ok, please don't tell him anything. thanks, love you vale." i said ending the phone call.

perfect, i wasn't going to let alex get in the way of the girl i want the most.

TO BE CONTINUED !