chapter one.

Kenzie's POV:
"6:30 a.m" I whispered to myself. Monday, August 6th. Also known as the first day of highschool, yep this was really it. First year of highschool and well I was actually excited to go back to school, this summer had been really boring. After all, I spended it at starbucks and at target, also getting cute guy's phone numbers. I opened my phone and checked the time "6:45 huh? I still got time." So I did all the basics and got ready. By six-fifty I was already in the living room waiting for my sister as usual. She was my uber to school, since well she knew how to drive.

AT SCHOOLI got out of the car and looked at the school and murmured to myself

AT SCHOOL
I got out of the car and looked at the school and murmured to myself. "la cañada highschool eh? aha you're not ready for kenzie." Back in middle school, I was more of a bad kid and was stuck in the detention half of the time, this year..that was all going to change. I met up with Jenna and her cousin Marcel, who used to be my partner in crime back in 8th grade but I didn't want to continue that reputation so I stopped hanging with him the way I used too. My idea didn't really work out anyways..after all he was still my next door neighbor.
"Check her outtt!" Marcel smirked as he pulled me closer to him. During the summer he turned into a huge fuckboy like HUGE ! It was disgusting. I looked at him and said "pls, get your hands off me." I turned and looked at Jenna and said, "how the heck do you deal with your perveted cousin?" She smiled at me, "oh kenzie, I just block him out instantly. You should try that sometimes.. but I mean you seem to like it so." She laughed.  I felt like I got hit in the gut when she said that. "ew no pls." I said. I said bye and went to go find Johnny. I found him by his locker and I felt like it was the perfect opportunity to talk to him. "Hey Ortiz." He got startled. "Shit, hey kenz" "So how was your summer kiddd?" I asked. "Kenzie.. I spent the whole summer at your house." He chuckled. "Right.." I said "so hows my jaddie ship orlando?" He smiled widely and then sighed. "Just friends." I slammed his locker. "that's what you said last year and then you confessed your crush on her to me" I said.

( ♡ ♡ ♡ )

AFTER SCHOOL

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: ew

𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: ew.
7890 likes | 280 comments
johnnyosings: you take a picture like that, just for the caption ew!?
→ 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: yes kiddo
badboyruiz: orlando is shaking rn😆
→ 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: just FRIENDS.
j.ortegaa: orlando? breathless. jenna? shook.
→ 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: omll stap
kenzaydawg: my 50 text messages from john after this picture are quite something. ✌🏼
→ 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝘀𝘇𝗶𝗲𝗴𝗴𝘆: i- wha- no.?