𝓃𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓁

╔═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╗

Powerless
And I don't care it's obvious
I just can't get enough of you
The pedal's down, my eyes are closed
No control

-One Direction

╚═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══╝

The first time he wakes beside her, Seijurou has to remind himself how to exhale again.

Falling asleep hadn't been intentional to begin with. They'd been working on last minute plays for Rakuzan's first match in the Interhigh and had ended up working till late into the night even though it had been a day of travelling from Kyoto to Tokyo. It seems the exhaustion had caught up to the both of them.

He can't say he's regretful of the accident, however.

And he has to wonder how much of it was an accident when he registers the blanket that has been draped over him and the fact that (Name) is in a position that is clearly deliberate. Which implies that he had been the one to fall asleep first, and she had chosen to stay instead of making her way back to her room.

Not for the first time, Seijurou is glad he always gets a room for himself while everyone else has to room with someone else on the team.

He stays carefully unmoving, mindful not to disturb her where she's curled up against his side, her head resting on his shoulder. He's sure her neck will ache when she wakes up but (Name)'s smart enough to have known the consequences even when she chose to fall asleep on the sofa beside him instead of taking the unoccupied bed.

Their match is later in the afternoon today, but for just this moment, he puts that thought out of his head, content to simply admire his girlfriend at her most unguarded.

It really is testament to how much she must trust him if she's willing to stay the night in his room. Seijurou is, after all, still a teenage boy, albeit an extremely respectful one.