Nightmare

This was recommended by Wolf_Lady_023  so thank you for that. I have a lot more coming for this one-shot book. I found a lot of prompts and have a lot of ideas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jims POV

I opened my eyes to see that I was tied to a chair. Well fuck. I looked around to try and see if I could spot my kidnapper. On the wall to my left, it was black. Same as the one on the right. The only light was coming from right in front of me. Sebastian was also in front of me, tied up to a pole. I wanted to scream his name to wake him up but I didn't move. There was a sound from behind me. Light flooded the room. "Hello James." a voice said.

I couldn't recognize it. He walked inside the room, passed my chair. He walked up to Sebastian. I struggled against my restraints. I couldn't see his face. "Your poor bodyguard. He wouldn't tell us anything. You see we had to hurt him."

That's when I noticed the scars and bruises he had. I gasped. I tried to force back the tears that came to my eyes but couldn't. What was wrong with me? "I think it's fitting that you'll get to see your loyal lapdogs demise."

The man turned to look at me. Dad? I thought I killed you. My father had always abused me and my brother. My brother wasn't the same after he was found dead. He was getting over it with Sebastian's brother, Severin. I froze. He grinned and pulled out a gun. No wait sto-

BANG

Sebastian slumped over. There was no way he survived that. But he could. He always pulls through. He couldn't, I never even told him I loved him.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I sat up in bed sweating. I brought my hand to my face. They were shaking. I let out a whimper. Just then my door burst open. Sebastian? He was alive? Oh, thank god it was only a dream. Though seeing him just made my tears flow. I started sobbing. I curled up in a ball. I brought my knees to my chest and put my face in my arms. "Oh Jim," he whispered.

He walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. "Can I?" he asked, reaching for me.

I nodded. He grabbed my waist and pulled my back into his chest. "Are you ok?"

I let out a loud sob. "Just a dream."

"Well, I've never seen a dream do this much damage to someone. Especially a criminal psychopath. So it must have been a nightmare. Care to tell me what it was about?"

I sighed. "You got shot," I whispered.

"Is that all? Wow, I didn't think you cared that much for a little old me."

"A lot more than you know," I whispered, to quit for him to hear.

"Is that so."

Oh fuck he heard me after all. "My dad shot you."

"Well now that you've proclaimed your undying love for me then I guess I'll have to meet him."

I couldn't help but laugh. My sniper had a sense of humour. "He's dead."

"Oh sorry."

"Don't be, I killed him."

"I should be surprised but I'm really not."

"He used to abuse my brother and me. My brother got the brute of it."

"I'm sorry. Though he's lucky you killed him."

I sniffed and wiped my eyes. I had uncurled during our conversation. Now he was spooning me. His head was in the crook of my neck. I really wish that we would do this more often. "Why?"

"Cause it would have been a lot worse."

I laughed. I smiled. Only my sniper could make me smile. I gasped when he flipped me over to face him. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Well, you made me feel a lot better."

He smiled. I moved quickly and pecked him on the lips. I moved so I was cuddling into his chest. "Thank you," I whispered.

I felt him freeze. I closed my eyes. "Love you too."

I fell into a peaceful sleep with my sniper holding me. My nightmares really stopped after that. Sebastian slept with me every night after that. Though he could never ask my parents for permission to marry me. My mother died when I was very young. He did ask my brother. Severin asked me to marry Richard. We both glared at the Moran and said yes. I mean they made us happy. Something that was almost taken from us.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

My eyes shot open and I sat up in bed quickly. I looked over to the person next to me. Thank Lucifer. He yawned and sat up. "Nightmare?" he asked.

I nodded. "Come here."

"I love you," I whispered.

"Go to sleep." he mumbled.