Chapter 1

Just an encouraging song I need to listen to someti-a lot.Sorry! i dont know what to name the chapters so ima just call them chapter 1, chapter 2 e.t.c. Oh yeah, anyone likes drawing would you be able to (if you can, im new to this) submit cover art? Thomas saying "is it boiling yet"? is kinda boring. Thx! Bye! 

oh wait... on with the (terribly written) chapter! ( and just always assume it is in third person unless I say otherwise.) Just make up the features for each character

TW: Mentions of Knives/ self-harm, abuse

Characters/ orphans: (more so I don't forget the characters)

Athena, 13 yrs girl

Honey: 7 yrs girl

Caitlin: 9 yrs girl

Annelise: 12 yrs girl

Grace: 11 yrs girl

Gus: 4 yrs boy

Aiden: 9 yrs boy

Bailey: 7 yrs boy

Athena woke- or sat up, because she didn't sleep anymore, when Honey banged on her door. As usual the first sight that greeted her whenevr, was Thomas's face. creepy? yeah. Life saving? Literally. But she had a duty to the other sweet little kids at the orphanage. The lady who ran the orphanage, Mrs Fincher* was a lazy beep, who would have made each orphan her slave essentially, if Athena hadn't taken all the tasks for the other, younger children. Even now, she had to work at least 15 hours a day doing all the tasks for Mrs Finch, 7-8 hours taking care of the other children, and whatever she had left, was spent on the little food she got, showering, and any other beep she felt like. Though she almost never got time. that was why her walls were plastered with pictures of Thomas and his Friends- to remind her that as long as Thomas existed, the world may, just may be worth living in.

Athena swung her legs off of her (tiny) bed,quickly pulling on some jeans, a red top and her favourite black leather jacket. She slid her knife into the inside pocket, with her mini phone, the bandages and a bit of cash, because, she would most likely have to use one, if not all of tthose things today. She always did. Athena tentaively rolled up the left sleeve of her jacket and hurridly put it back down again when Honey knocked on the door again.

"Coming". she yelled without enthusiasm. 

Honey was an absolute sweetheart, a 4-year-old girl who was mute. Not that she couldn't speak or anything, she just chose not to, what with the traumatising experience that landed her in the orphanage in the first place. As Athena opened the door, she saw Honey was not alone- she had Bailey with her. Bailey, the seven year old who liked to hide whenever a meal was announced as ready. And they were both jumping up and down in excitement, as she was notified that a group of people wanted to adopt, coming next week

Sorry! I accidentally pressed publish, i'm serious. is there any way to take things down? This is a mess. and because I always (accidentally ) post short chapters, I will most likely update more frequently. unless something comes up because i'm a busyish person.

*for those other extreme Fanders, "if I have to tell you one more time..."