16

1st April, 2018

Already a fortnight of holidays and tomorrow awaits...the day of result announcement.

You prayed all night for a good result...but actually a lot more for Yeonjun to come home safely. You stayed up at night to wait for him to come home.

You looked through your window to see him get home. But it was around 2 a.m. when you unintentionally went to sleep.

2nd April, 2018

You woke up 9:30 in the morning with your panicking mom because the result was to be out by 10!

You got ready...and without even eating breakfast, you rushed and managed to reach exactly on time.

The result was out...you ran to check the rank list and found yourself in the 6th rank...not bad. Since your father will be coming home today you'll have the celebration with a special dinner...perfect!

Yuna and Kai also passed...quite well. So did Taehyun and everyone who has ever been mentioned in this story...

But your concern was Yeonjun. You asked people around if they have seen him but no one has...

Today was supposed to be the day he came home...but he's nowhere...you already missed him a lot.

Then as you walk by the school campus, you suddenly remembered that the very popular, talented, handsome k-pop boy band, Pentagon, are having a comeback today. You checked the time and there was a minute left.
*phew.
So you went away alone in the school park, sitting on the bench, streaming their new song ‘Shine’ (which was nice af) and thinking of so many things. Suddenly it came to your mind...

Has Yeonjun been caught in an accident!?

"No, no, no!"...but it kept popping up in your mind...and you started worrying about it...a lot.

Then from behind...

"Y/N!"

"Yeon.jun..."

"What are you doing here? Did you miss me?" he came closer and smiled as he sat on the bench with you. It was an unexpected reaction from him since it was getting very casual already.

"Of course I missed you...when did you come home? I was waiting for you last night"

"Yeah, the train was delayed so I reached this morning..."

"I see"

"So, you did really well. Good for you...6th rank? That's amazing!"

"Yeah, thanks"

He swallowed, and mumbled something inaudible before he asked, "Is something wrong, Y/N?"

"No. Why did you ask?"

"Well, you don't seem very...comfortable"

"Yeah, kinda. What were you doing in Seoul?"

"Oh Seoul? Well, I was-"

"Was it about college? I overheard moms' conversation. Your mother was talking about sending you to college in Seoul," your voice started shaking already, feeling like things were going in an undesired direction.

"Why are you so worried, Y/N...we've...you're really supposed to be happy right now, okay? Why are you crying?"

Wait, I was crying?

"Are you gonna leave me again?"

Yeonjun was stuttering, "wh-what!? Leave y-you? No!"

"Why won't you just tell me the truth? I literally heard your mom last night"