Chapter I | ONE

Diary of the Mistress

Chapter I

Our bodies were pressed tightly together in the tiny closet; his rough callused hand covered my mouth as he sucked and nibbled on my neck. I tugged onto his jacket, his lips pressing to mine as he roughly kissed me. I let my hands slide into the inside of his blazer, feeling on his ripped body while he lifted my leg up some. Taking a step back, he struggled to unzip his pants, his breathing heavy. Reaching forward, I assisted him in getting the metal zipper down, his slacks dropping to his ankles in a matter of seconds. Walking back to me, he lifted and sat my body onto the old shelf, shoving my black dress up and roughly pulling my panties down. He cupped my face in his large hands, pressing his lips to my jaw as I threw my head back, his intoxicating scent making me weak. I felt my heart pounding in my chest, tingles shooting throughout my whole body as he plunged his tongue deep into my mouth.

Light taps echoed through the room, stopping his hands from exploring my body. He pressed his forehead to my cheek as we both stood still, both of our chests heaving up and down. I held my breath, scared of who would be waiting on the other side of the door. Without a second word, he took a step back, zipping his pants back up and straightening his tie. Before disappearing from the small utility room, he flashed me an apologetic look while wiping my lipstick from his face.

The familiar feeling of being dirty and useless rushed over me, tears swelling in my eyes as I sat on the old wooden shelf with my panties at my ankles. Licking my lips, I jumped down and adjusted my clothes, peering from the crack in the door to make sure no one would see me leaving the same room as him. Once the coast was clear, I quickly walked to the bathroom to reapply my makeup that had just been removed with his lips.

I stared at myself in the mirror, swooping my hair out of my face before digging into my small clutch. Pulling the cap off, I pressed the ruby red stick to my lips, carefully applying it as I heard the door swing open.

“There you are, Ashton.” Kimberly said, her heels clicking and clacking against the tiled floors. “I thought you had left.” She giggled, turning the water on at the sink next to me and looking at me through the mirror.

“Oh, no. I just- I had a call about work.” I quickly explained, stuffing the tube back into my purse.

“Oh gosh, I hope Abe isn’t working you too hard.” She smiled, her dimples deepening before applying pink lipstick to her lips as well.

I laughed along, quickly washing my hands. “Well I’m gonna go back in.” I mumbled, my clutch resting under the pit of my arm. Gripping onto the steel handle, I swung the door open, the party in the front room now a lot more audible.

“Wait up, I’ll walk with you.” Kimberly said, rushing through the door that I was holding, her smile bright and beautiful. “So do you work tomorrow?” She asked, holding onto the sweater around her shoulders as we inched closer to the main event.

“I actually do, I need to finish up this deal.” I sighed, flashing a small smile her way as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

“Well that’s no fun, it’s almost Christmas. I swear I tell Abraham to give you guy’s vacations, he’s so determined to get this deal done.”

All I could do was smile; I didn’t know what to say to her. Dropping my head, I stared down at my feet, sweat forming in the palm of my hands.

“Speaking of the devil.” Kimberly said, causing me to jerk my head up.

“Huh?” I furrowed my eyebrows, quickly understanding what she meant when I realized who was standing in front of us. The devil himself.

Kimberly walked over, wrapping her arms around her husband, my vision falling to the red carpet. I could feel his eyes on me, making me even more uncomfortable. Looking up, he licked his lips, his brown orbs piercing me.

I couldn’t look away, not even if I wanted to.

“Abe, give her the day off tomorrow.” Kimberly softly slapped his chest, his arm draped around her waist.

“Oh no, it’s fine. I need to work.” I nervously chuckled, fidgeting with the silver buckle on my clutch.

“See, it’s fine.” He said, smiling while looking over at his wife. “Plus, I need Ashton at work tomorrow.”

I could feel my heart racing in my chest, his eyes burning a hole in the side of my face. “I’m going to go back in.” I mumbled, flashing a fake smile and quickly rushing back into the party. I needed to get far away from him; he knew what he was doing to me.

I slid into the steel bar stool, placing my clutch on the countertop and turning to the bartender. “Can I get vodka, please?” I hollered over the loud techno music, breaking my stern rule of 'no drinking on the job' but this scenario deserved a pass.

The chiseled man in a tight black t-shirt smiled brightly, turning around a quickly pouring alcohol into a thick glass. “Here you go.” He winked, leaning over the counter with a small smile on his gorgeous face.

He was obviously interested, but I wasn’t. The man who had my attention, wasn’t even mine. Quickly downing the strong liquor, I pressed my lips together, feeling it sting as it slid down my throat. “Thank you.” I mumbled, standing from the stool and grabbing my bag.

“Hey.” The bartender grabbed my hand, stopping me before I could get away. “Can I get your number?” He hesitantly asked, looking up at me with his large puppy dog eyes.

Licking my lips, I slid my hand from his. “I’m sorry, I can’t.” I said, quickly rushing away from the bar.

Ready to go home, I headed towards the exit, pushing my hair from my face while inching further away from all the loud noise. Walking down the large hallway to the elevator, I saw him, cowardly lurking in a dark corner with his hands tucked into his pockets. Turning my head, I rushed to the steel elevator doors and pressed the down button, pretending as if I weren't affected by his presence.

I felt him behind me, the elevator taking longer than usual to open up. Once the doors opened I quickly walked in, impatiently tapping the close button, but he slid in before they could shut. Pressing the stop button, he turned to me and cupped my face in his hands.

“I’m sorry, okay?” He slowly whispered, lowering his face so that we were eye to eye.

I stayed silent, knowing that if I spoke I would burst into tears.

“Please, just talk to me.” Abraham whispered, softly kissing my lips.

So badly I wanted to push him off, to be through with him, but it wasn't that easy. As usual, I caved. Snaking my arms around his neck and allowing him to once again press his lips to mine. He rested his hands on my butt, passionately kissing me in the empty elevator cart. Pulling back, he held his forehead to mine and pushed my hair from my face. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” His chocolatey orbs tug at the strings of my heart and caused me to melt.

Biting down on my bottom lip, I stroked the side of his head bald, kissing him once more. “Okay.”

Abraham let me go, straightening his suit before turning the elevator back on and opening the door. “Have a good night.” He mumbled, waving at me as if I was just another one his co-worker. I’m way more than his co-worker, I’m his mistress.

Without any movement, I closed the door in his face and dropped my head with thick tears swelling in my eyes. Feeling ashamed, I trudged out of the elevator and towards the busy city street, climbing into the taxi that awaited curbside. I threw my clutch in the seat and rested my head on the leather headrest, the tears now trickling down my hot skin as I mumbled my address to the taxi driver.

You don’t understand how it feels to be in love with a married man.