Part Seventy-Three

“Feel the world, let them know it’s Christmas time agai…”

“Luke?” I groaned.

“Good morning!” Luke shrieked, ripping open the curtain to my bunk, candy cane temporary tattoos stuck on his face, a santa had on his head and a stack of coupons in his hand.

“What are you doing?” Calum demanded from the bunk below me, “It’s four in the morning.”

“I know!” Luke cried, “Get up.”

“Is someone in danger of dying, dying or dead?” Michael muttered, “Because if not, get the fuck out of my face.”

“You guys.” Luke whined, “Today is the day!”

“The sun is shining, the tank is clean!” Destiny laughed tiredly.

“What?” Luke questioned, “No. We have to go.”

“Where?” I grumbled.

“Target.” Luke answered in a duh tone.

“I am not going to Target at four am.” Michael laughed, “And you ever try waking me up this early again I’ll bet your ass to death with my guitar.”

“You guys!” Luke whined come on, “It’s black Friday!”

An hour later I found myself standing in a seemingly never end of people in the freezing cold outside the most ghetto target I had ever seen. Wind whipped my exposed face making my eyes water and beneath my gloves my fingertips were frozen.

A permanent scowl on my face I tightened my grip on Destiny and buried my face in my shoulder.

“What are you doing?” she laughed.

“It’s cold.” I grumbled.

“Just think though.” Luke chattered, hugging Charlie to him tightly, “W-we’re only number fi-five hundred in line, we’ll get it for sure.”

“What do you even want to get?” Michael grumbled from where he sat curled up on the curb, wrapped in his comforter.

“A lot of stuff.” Luke sighed, “Something for my Mom, presents for you guys but the main thing I’ve got my eye on is our album.”

“Luke are you kidding?” Calum demanded,  from where he stood huddled in between Grace and Piper, “You dragged us out here at the ass crack of dawn to get OUR OWN FREAKING ALBUM!”

“Yeah.” Luke said slowly.

“Dude I have like four copies.” I grumbled, “I would have just given you one.”

“But I want to buy it.”

“There are three hundred and sixty five days in a year Luke!” Michael shouted, “And you pick the busiest day of the year when a bunch of pushy Mom’s… no offense ladies….”

“None taken baby.”

“…..Are willing to kill to get what their little brats want for Christmas?!”

“But it’s on sale.” Luke mumbled.

“Luke it’s your album!” Michael yelled, “You can get it for free, just type in the coupon code, it’s me singing so give me the thing before I threw a rock star tantrum.”

“You tell em baby.”

“See.” Michael grumbled, “She agrees with me.”

“I’m cold.” Calum whined.

“Shut up.” Michael warned, “You can’t complain standing over there like pimp cash money hood, girls hanging on either arm. Feck this shit. Let’s start a band they said. You’ll get lots of chicks they said.”