Family?

Calciba almost screeched as he lurched out of bed, landing with his hands against the wall opposite his previous position. With rapid and heavy breaths, he threw his gaze frantically around the room to ensure he wasn't chained to a wall or in that wretched room anymore. A slow breath escaped his lips as he tried to calm himself in the darkness, knowing that they would be watching. They're like hawks sometimes. A bit creepy maybe, but these types of things kept him here in his haven. Away from the ones who continually seek him out for no reason other than death. He was certain that if they caught him, he probably wouldn't survive.

        After just standing there like an idiot for a long time, he brought himself out of his shocked state and returned to that careful facade that he forced people to see in him. His features smoothed over except for a vicious smile that almost screamed 'loony'. Everything became stone again; his eyes glazed over and darkened dangerously, his hair already tousled from being in that restless sleep just a short while before. Once he was sure his face was perfectly aligned for them to see, he slowly lifted his face to the "hidden" camera in the corner of his room.

        He knew it was there. He always had. He's not sure how, but he's always been able to find lost things easily. Or hidden things. Of course, his brothers hated him for it, but that couldn't be helped. They were the ones always stealing things. His smile darkened slightly as his mind drifted to a time so long ago, the memories were fleeting gifts.

        "Where the fuck did you put it this time, you little brats!?" His stepmother had screeched frantically, practically destroying the boys' room in the search for her missing purse. "You little asses always hide things from me! Where is it?" She had paused, scanning Cal's two older brothers' expressions. When they didn't make any move to comply and answer, she raised her hand as if to smack the eldest, Majorka, causing him to flinch slightly but not back down.

        "Wait! I can find it!" Calciba had blurted out unintentionally, instantly paling as her gaze shifted to his. He almost thought that she would hit him then instead but she surprised him and merely dropped her hand, gesturing for him to lead the way.

        "Um. . ." He sniffed -yes, sniffed- at the air, picking up the light scent of snakeskin, knowing that was the purse she was searching for. He pretended to look around for a while as to not let them catch on, but gradually led them into the kitchen where his older brothers had wedged it between the fridge and counter, knowing their step mom, Trina wouldn't even think to look there.

        He hid his smug smirk, instead flashing on an innocent expression and pointing directly at the bag while shouting since they hadn't quite followed yet. "I found it! I found it! Here it is mommy!" His tongue burned at the last word that he purposely shoved in there, knowing that he was incredibly good at being a suck up. All he asked for was acceptance. It's just a shame that his brothers didn't learn from him so they too could gain even a little feeling from the wickedly tall woman they all despised.

        Trina squealed in an oddly shrill and unappealing tone of voice as she ran into the room, snatching it from his hand and opening it to find that the boys had at least not opened it and messed with her private things inside. Patting Calciba on the head with her delicate and intricately polished fingers, she murmured low enough for only them two to hear, "Thank you, Cal, baby."

        Of course, he knew that that gesture was entirely fake and it was just her way, but he couldn't help feeling the slight bit of pride welling up inside his chest. So he answered proudly, "You're always welcome, dearest stepmother."

        After watching her let out a hearty laugh and walk out with her newly found purse in tow, leaving the boys alone, he stiffened. He knew what was coming next. He had gotten pleasure from his stepmother. And now his brothers would make sure that he would feel just as much pain.

        Sure enough, a few seconds later he felt a hard fist connect with his face, the pain exploding through his whole skull as his nose made a loud crunching sound. He knew between that sound and the excruciating pain that his nose was obviously broken now. But his brothers had absolutely no mercy. Majorka had struck first, it seemed to be a customary routine they went through each time. Next he felt a colder hand, slamming into his gut and causing him to double over onto the floor.

        Calciba took the punishment quite well, which made sense, considering it was nothing new and that he seemed to heal pretty fast most of the time. He blamed himself for their anger and therefore took their cruel beatings as quietly as he could, never letting anyone else know if he could help it.

        When they were finally done, he could only remember realigning his nose with an aching pop and then laying there on the floor for about an hour to wait for his body to return to normal.

        Calciba stiffened slightly, turning away from the camera now as he faced his bed, fighting the urge to cry at the awful memories. Sometimes he truly did hate when a memory came back to him, but he mostly embraced it. The harsh truth reminded him of why he stayed here. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go. He never did. Ever since he was born, his father had treated him like a plague. He had vague memories of his true mother. She was beautiful.... He loved her so much.. But she was gone. She was murdered in their own home when he was only four years of age. That was the first time he had ever seen blood and it honestly disgusted him.

        He shook his head to dispel the disturbing images flashing through his mind, looking down at the scar on his left palm. Cal gently traced it for a moment,purposely blocking the memory of where he got it before it even entered his mind, not wanting to focus on it at that moment. With a distinctly lonely huff, he took the two small steps across the room to fall down on his bed, letting the darkness take over again.

* * * * * * *

        ERMERGERD. This is like the longest chapter I've ever written. I am just so proud of myself. *Pats herself on the head.* Woo. That's what happens when I get in my 'zone'. I didn't even plan half this chapter, but I think it reads quite nicely. So, anywho. o3o I love you all.. My few beautiful supporters out there... I just realized I didn't even start my actual english homework........

        I'm such a procrastinator... But that's okay, because my teachers love me anyways. benefits of being a teacher's pet...and suck up. Shush. Don't judge me cause I'm kind of nerdy. ;P Bunch of judgy peoples. Oh dear, I'm really off track today, aren't I? I had something specific to say here and now I forget. Egh. But you peoples like my rambling, right? I hope so. xD If not, you can obviously just skip these. They are usually pretty unimportant.

        OH!! That's what I wanted to mention. Okay so. Um.... Ermm..... Oh yeah. I have other stories, for those of you that don't already know that. I kind of write on each story depending on the mood I'm currently in so please don't be mad if I update one of them *cough* this one *cough* more often than the rest, okay? ;_; I have feelings ya know. But it's okay cause I know y'all don't wanna hear my problems~ :3 So imma wrap this up now before I say something wierd. Not that I don't say wierd things all the time, but ya know.. Like.. More wierd than usual. o-o .... Oh just forget it and go have a wonderful day for me. If you'd like, just message me, I'd love more friends and hear all about your lovely days.

        I really hope I don't sound like a creeper right now..... Sorry if I do. I just meant like.. Idk. o-o I like listening to people's problems and trying to help. Idk... I'm wierd. I like that word. OKAY. I AM DONE NOW. Bye my lovey dovey ducky wuckies!! <3

~<3~Liz~<3~