Distance and Realization

It was a hot and humid morning, reporters and other international well-known people gathered in front of Sky International Hotel. The largest hotel in the city owned by a multimillionaire, President Zhang Junjie.

Thousands of reporters gathered at the entrance waiting for the President.

As the limo stopped by the entrance, Junjie came out dashingly hot. He gave a hand to Huiling and helped her out of the limo. He whispered to her, "Follow my lead. Don't be scared." She nodded.

Cameras were flashing everywhere, she held onto his hand as he led her inside the conference room in the hotel. Junjie placed his hand around Huiling's waist. She was nervous because one mistake may lead her to her doom.

Oh my word, what am I doing this to myself, she thought. She wanted to run away again. Instead, she took several deep breath and calmed down.

The conference room was huge, reporters came and sat down, cameras were already set up and Junjie held onto Huiling's hand.

"When I ask you to go up, you go." She nodded and Junjie let go of his hand. Then, when all of the people sat down, he went up to speak.

"Next, I would like to introduce Miss. Feng. Please come up." Junjie nodded at her and she obediently stood up and went beside Junjie.

As the camera flashes at both of them, he smiled and said, "She's the only woman in my heart now if you are curious. I will accept personal questions later on."

President Zhang was different, he's a multimillionaire president. What am I, she thought. I don't belong to him. There was an invisible distance between them. Huiling wanted to leave, she doesn't belong to this place. But, her heart didn't want to leave him.

That night, she realized what she needed to do. She needed to leave. She packed her suitcases, her clothes and asked her manager for a few day sick leave. Huiling thought to herself, he's a president and he deserves someone better. I'm just his employee, yes I lust him but I cannot fall in love with him. I promised myself not to have any romance at work.

She made her choice. She was going back to her hometown and after few years, she will come back as a person worthy of the President's attention. She wanted to change herself for the better. She wouldn't let Junjie distract her anymore. But will it work?

When she headed to the airport, she clutched to her belongings. As she heads toward her gate of departure, a strong hand pulled her back.

"President Zhang?" He gave her a backhug and wouldn't let her go.

"Let me go! I don't belong to you. Leave me alone!" She shouted.

"Do you really hate me?" Junjie whispered to her. His voice shook as he spoke.

"I hate you before but I realized I didn't belong there. I'm not going to fall in love with you!" Huiling tried to resist and pulled herself away from his grasp.

"Do you think it was a joke when I said you were my woman? When we were in bed, did you think I was joking with you. I do lust you but I came to realize my feelings were genuine. Give me a chance, will you?" He tried to get close to her and she took a step back.

"I'm sorry. You deserve someone better. I don't belong to you." She tried to run but his hand grasped her, "Huiling, do you remember? I've loved you in the past. You never realized it. When I was at your house in the past, we made fort together, made pizza together and we played together. Do you remember? We moved apart after a while, when we met again, your eyes were foreign. I wanted to tell you my feelings but I couldn't. You might not remember, you once saved me when I tried to kill myself. I wanted to thank you for saving me." Junjie lowered his head while telling Huiling.

"I'm sorry, President Zhang. I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry. Please let me go." She went ahead to catch her flight and she pulled him away.

Huiling, I'll wait for you. I'll give you freedom right now. After you come back, it won't be so easy. When Junjie released her, tears were running down his face while unable to look at her. Huiling was not in his grasp anymore. He will wait. Whenever.

A text came from Huiling when she was sitting on the plane, "Dear President Zhang, I will come back as a different person in two years. I won't be a regular room attendant. I will become a better person. I'm sorry. As of now, I don't think I should be with you. You are too high up, we were not meant to be.Thank you for your time. I want to improve myself. From Huiling."

He clutched his phone and stood there until her plane flew. It was his fault, he forced his feelings onto her. He hurt her feeling.

"Huiling, take your time. I will improve myself too. But remember, I will only lust for you. I love you."

As he turned back, his cold demeanor appeared. He locked away his emotions. Love and lust were a secret now. He will focus what's ahead of him.

"See you later in two years, Huiling. I will wait for you until you change your mind."