Chapter 2- I bet you can't live without me.

Lunch was starting in 5 minutes. I was sitting in Science class, tapping my pencil on the desk. I was feeling the beat. Of course I wasn't paying attention, more just the fact that my mom was going to kill me when I got home.

"Ms. Todd." The teacher called by my last name. And I suddenly stopped drumming.

"Huh?"

"Will you top tapping your pencil. It's about to rip me over the edge." Mr. K always had something against me for some unknown reason. And I was always really confused as to why he had always hated me. The second I walked into his classroom on the first day of school, the vibes of hatred. While the thoughts were rolling through my head. The bell rang, and I just sat there.

A few seconds had passed and I realized I was the only student left in the room. I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran out. The line for lunch was getting longer and longer so I jumped in before it got too late. I got my food and sat down on the floor.

"Hey loser." Tyler came up behind me.

"Wow, you really know how to win a girl over."

"Mmmhmm" he mumbled as he started shoving food into his face.

"Aren't you excited for Homecoming?" he asked.

"Yeah... sure." I was very unenthused.

"What? Come on it's going to be fun!" He was always quite the opposite of me. "Lighten up, look I know you aren't one of those girls that likes to dress up and get all fancy, but it's going to be fun I promise." and he began shoving more and more food in his face.

"I shouldn't be the one lightening up. Dude! You're going to get fat. and no girl is ever going to go for you if you are." he just stared at me with this blank stare. "not that you gat any now." I said under my breathe.

"Excuse me, I can get girls whenever I want! I don't need you or your stupid stereotypes of what girls like." He carefully placed his bag of chips back on the ground.

"Fine if you are so sure you can get girls that easy, I'm officially daring you you to get another date, besides me, to homecoming. You now have, one week. Your time starts now." Tyler sat still on his ass. "Go along Romeo," I shooed him away.

Tyler's POV:
This was going to be a piece of cake, finding a date?? Come on she could have thought of something better. Minutes, mere minutes, that is all the time I need to get a date. I began on my challenge and started wig Kylie, she was a gorgeous red head with beautiful green eyes. I'm a tall guy and I have a six pack... shouldn't be hard. I thought to myself.

"Hey, Kylie, can I talk to you?" Her friends ooohed and awwwwed.

"Ugh sure, what do you need Tyler?" She slowly walked away from her friend group.

I pulled a single rose out of my backpack, I was going to give it to Jennifer but hey plans change!

"Would you, Kylie, go to Homecoming with me?" She looked into my eyes, hers big and sparkling.

"Oh, my gosh. Tyler! I would love to!!" Wow that was easier than I thought... But then her voice began to trail off. "But Evan already asked me, I am so sorry. I would have said yes if he didn't already ask."

"It's okay," I said disappointedly, "I understand." I took my rose, and left the circle of giggling girls. maybe this was going to be difficult. I thought, so many girls probably already have dates, but I could not give up.

I ran around the school asking ever girl I could think of, and nothing, everyone already had a date, and now I'm screwed.