Chapter 1- Just a Freind

My phone kept buzzing on the table next to my bed. it was 8:09 and I should be up getting ready for school. I crawled over and checking the screen.

"Morninggggg!!!:)" Tyler greeted me with this each morning.
Tyler: are you awake yet?
Tyler: I have important news
Tyler: get your lazy ass out of bed and talk to me
Me: Stop being SO Annoying
Tyler: HAHA noooooo seiosuly tho
Me: omf what do you want?!?!
Tyler: nothing I just wanted you to wake up >.<
Me: rude
Tyler: you ready yetttttt

I quickly threw on my jeans and AC-DC t-shirt. today I have no effort in my appearance. I paired it with my white hightop converse and grey sweatshirt. I threw my hair up in a pony tail and called it good. I rarely ever where makeup besides mascara and lip balm, but today I went all natural.

My phone buzzed again. it was from tyler. Obviously

Tyler: come on it doesn't take you that long to get ready..

I often ignored him

I went down the stairs and saw Tyler standing there with a sign that said "HOMECOMING?!?!?!!!"

"Haha wow real original. Tyler" I said

"I felt inspired, besides to face the facts no one will say yes if I ask them, and judging by the effort you give on your outfits everyday, no one is going to ask you." Tyler, always had a certain sass. God he's like an over hormonal teenage girl.

"HEY!!! SOME ONE COULD ASK ME!" I practically yelled at him

"Now now. No need to get angry Jenn."

"You know I don't like you to call me that."

"This is true."

"Anyways, we are FAR from dating you like my annoying. ANNOYING. brother, wouldn't people take it the wrong way?" I asked.

"Course not. everyone thinks we're twins, no harm done. JUST friends. God your touchy today." Tyler pulled himself up to sit on the counter.

"Fine." I said as I opened the fridge and grabbed a piece of pizza from the other night.

"Jeez I can't believe your not fat with all the food you eat" He patted his stomach and puffed up to make it look like he was fat.

"Ha your. hilarious" I said sarcastically.

"It's a gift." he jumped of the counter too and stole a bite of my pizza before walking out the door.

"HEY! You forgot your poster thing.."

"I have lots of gifts, and that one is from me to you." he was almost out to his car by that point so I raced after him leaving the poster behind. And grabbing my leather purse.

He revved his engine to try and make me run faster. but it didn't work. I quickly slid into the car from the window.

"Jennifer, someday I am going to teach you how to how to use a car door."

"Nah. I'm good. really" I said as we sat in silence on the drive to school.

Girls ran around in their cheerleader uniforms trying to get the attention of the football guys, trying to get Clark the mathlete into the dumpster. the popular girls sitting in their perfect convertibles fixing their 'perfect' faces. we tried to find a place to park in this jungle.

It was 8:25 and the warning bell rang at 8:30. I couldn't be late one more time or I would get detention until I was out of high school, I mean not just from that I have detention ever Monday and Wednesday for God knows what I did. my mom would kill me. "Sorry if I'm leaving you here but I really can't be late one more time." I jumped out of the car leaving him alone in the chaos. My first class was French and it was all the way at the other end of the school.

I ran and when I got there it was 8:29 and everyone was already in their seats. I quickly walked to my seat in the back of the room.

Without even looking up from her papers Mrs. Meredith said "Jennifer your late to class," everyone looked back at me, "do you remember what I said would happen if you were late one more time?" snickers rang through the room.

"I- well- I mean- I'm not actually late Mademoiselle Meredith, I'm not late unless the bell has rung," the bell rang after I said this, "you see? I'm not late." More snickers and a few ohhh's continued. "Should I go on?" I slunked deeper into my chair.

She stood up out of her desk and brushed off her skirt and walked closer to me. Hands on hips. Her heels clicked and I knew she was going to give me detention again. "Jennifer, you have detention for 3 weeks, and I don't want to here about it."

"But--" she cut me off.

"You know what? Make it four weeks, and if I hear one more word you won't get to go to Homecoming." The laughs grew louder as she walked back to her desk.

The class went on and I didn't say anything. I barely even knew what we were talking about and before I knew it the bell rang and I raced out of the room.