Before The Storm

"King Albot, Queen Crystalline!" A shout alerts Albot and I as we are focused on a large map, the attention of Amberle, Dom, Geminie, Ariven, Narin, Albot and my own are focusing on. The plan is to decide on a large area for the battle to come in a few days. But the voice of a frantic soldier has our conversation stop for now.

"What is it Fred?" Albot answers. Yesterday due to him being my mate I held a coronation for Albot, crowning him Alpha King. After that we consummated the mate bond to completion. To say I am a little sore is an understatement. But the calm before the storm waited for no one. With a smile I lightly touch the mark on my neck that I proudly showed off.

"Two packs came pledging their loyalty and wishing to help." Fred answers. It was unusual considering that all our allies already sent warriors, but a full pack came. This held our curiosity as I turn to look at my mate as he looks at me. I could see the worry in his eyes before we both nod.

"Where are they?" I ask, motioning for Fred to lead the way.

"Throne room waiting to see you. All seven of you." Fred's words bring an even more sense to me. Unease.

Most packs were not ready to battle considering many were either healing from a soulless attack or freshly made. The fact a full pack had come to support us just days before the war has my brain thinking of all the horrible plans that my brother could have formed. Many packs chose to stay neutral considering this war would end with either a new reign under the Soulles King or a reign with Albot and I ruling. I knew who ever won would gain their loyalty and I was okay with that. What I wasn't okay with were the packs considering signing with my brother in hopes to avoid being attacked in the future.

Guards notice our arrival with Albot and I in the lead before throwing the large doors open with a bang, alerting the pack that waited for us. That's when a smile forms on my face as I stare at two wolves that caught my attention.

"Matrix, Marcie!" I rush forward to hug the two I had to leave behind. I could feel their blood surging with the power of an alpha as they both hold me tight, Trix pulling away to give Albot a hug.

"What are you two doing here? And the pack! Why are you all here?" Wolves I've missed for weeks circle around Albot and I as I cherish the feeling of family once again. I missed the Astraea Pack every day since returning back as Queen. It was home to me more than the palace ever was where people who were given a second chance became family.

"Well Marcie being the battle crazed wolf she is wanted to help fight, even if she helps plan the battle because I refuse to let my pregnant mate battle." Trix explains ending with news neither of us expected.

"Pregnant?" Albot asks with a raised brow looking at the Latina who blushes slightly.

"What do you expect me and Trix to do, stare at each other all day?" Laughter fills out side of the hall as I turn to see where Geminie and the others were, noticing Geminie and Ariven laughing with the other pack.

"Crystalline, Albot come over here and meet Alpha Mika and his sister and Beta Lace of Hidden Claws and their wolves." Amberle beckons us over. Surprised by the appearance of Geminie's old pack I look over and see that she is fine curled into Ariven's side as she talks with her ex-mate and his sister. I knew the hardship she went through because of him and how her years growing up was like a living nightmare.  But to see her laughing happily I couldn't help but smile at the scene. Geminie was definitely one of the strongest wolves I knew.

"Is it weird to think it's like our situation?" Narin Asks as he comes up beside me, Trix growling at him.

"Trix cool it, Narin wasn't really Crysta's mate. He had to reject her to protect her." Marcie rolls her eyes and flicks his nose, getting a dejected look from Trix.

"How do you know this?" He whines out, a pout forming on his face. One word to describe him, wipped.

"Because Marcie picks up my calls when new things happen so she knows not to cause trouble. We all know you have a habit of zoning out or forgetting information Matrix." I answer for her, motioning for the others to follow as we join the other Alphas.

"Mika, Lace nice to meet you both." I smile warmly at the two as I watch them bow towards Albot and I. I took the time to size up the siblings during this time and turn to look at their pack. They looked strong and sturdy and I could see that Mika would have once been a good match to Gem. But I like Ariven better for her.

"Its nice to meet you too your Highness." Mika replies, straightening and smiling at me, causing Albot to growl.

"Careful Mika, Albot might rip you apart for staring at his mate too long." Lace chuckles out. She seemed to be the one who watches and learns from her surroundings and keep her Alpha in check. A good quality in a Beta. Definitely worth praising.

"Sorry." Gem was trying so hard to not laugh at Mika's discomfort and was loosing as she bursts out into a giggle fit a minute later. Seeing this a glare is sent her way by Mika and all she does is wave him off.

"Crys and Al are pretty chill. Just call them by their names." Amberle states nonchalantly with a shrug, a look of amusement pointed at the young Alpha. I could see the relief in his eyes as he looks at both Albit and I then to Narrin and finally Marcie and Trix. I could see his eyes assessing the wolves before nodding to them and turning back to look at me.

"I want to help fight. I know the kind of man your brother is and I want him dead. He deserves death." His words startle me before I nod, motioning for Mika to continue. I can see the hate and anger hidden in his eyes before he turns to look at Geminie and Ariven then turn back to me.

"He did some things to Gem when she was a pup and then attacked my pack. He used to be in an alliance with my pack's previous betas and they nearly caused Hidden Claw to be ruined with him. I want him gone. For my pack's safety and for the safety of the wolves in general." It was no secret that everyone knew the Soulless King was my brother. I had made a conference on the werewolf sight about him and the war to come. But to hear the reason Mika wanted to fight had me agreeing instantly.

Thunder boomed in the distance after Mika's statement and I knew this was a sign from the Moon Goddess. This was the calm before the storm and with the two packs joining us we had a greater shot at winning.