Chapter 5

I could feel the wind on my tear stained cheeks as Harry and I trudged through the airport. With every step I took towards the private jet that Harry had arranged from us, my heart crumbled piece by piece.

Anna, as I knew myself, was dead. I lay in the gnarled trees behind my house. I lay in the stray dogs I used to feed after school, in the sprinkle donuts I used to get for free when I was having a bad day, in the books on my bookshelf. In Zack.

Sure, the little girl in me might have died a long time ago. When my dad first hit me, when he first came into my room late at night. When Harry left.

But that didn't mean I wanted everything to change so fast. My life wasn't perfect, but I had found happiness in strange corners.

And now it was all being ripped away.

Harry stole glances at me every chance he got. I still hadn't spoken to him, and I didn't plan to for a while. I avoided eye contact while we loaded our suitcases onto the plane and while we took our seats.

I chose a seat closest to the window, hoping that Harry would sit away from me but he didn't take the hint and instead sat directly beside me.

I clenched and unclenched my fists out of boredom and anxiety while the pilot got the plane ready for takeoff.

(5 HOURS LATER)

I peeled open my eyes gently. I shot up quickly and darted my eyes around after not recognizing my surroundings. Where were my dirty walls, with the peeling dolphin wallpaper? Where was my rickety headboard?

Y'all I don't really want to continue this story because i'm not a 1D fan anymore, sorry about that!!! But here's what I had typed out that I never posted lol.