Chapter 4

Heyy so I know the first part of this story was kind of bad but I promise it will get SO much better I have great plans for this story so keep on reading :)

~

* Anna's POV *

Zach and I sat on the floor of my tiny, cold room. We lay back against my small wooden bed. Neither of us spoke. There was nothing to say. I could feel the pain in the air.

Loud noises came from from downstairs. Most likely Harry poking around in god knows what.

We stared at the wall for what seemed like forever.

Finally Zach spoke.

"You have to come back," he said through a strained voice.

"I know," I said quietly, avoiding his gaze.

"I need you, Anna."

"I know."

We sat in silence.

*Harry's POV*

I searched through the kitchen and living room area, looking for things to pack. I wasn't having much luck. I still couldn't get over what had happened that night.

When I saw Anna, my heart dropped. She looked so much different than how I remembered her. Her sweet face that always formed an easy smile had hardened. Her body, which was once soft and full with baby fat was thinner. She was almost skin and bone.

It seemed like she had grown more than two years mentally since I had left.

I put my head in my hands and allowed a few tears to slip out. Anna hadn't even glanced at me since I came. It confirmed my suspicions that she hated me for leaving her.

I planned to do everything I could to make her forgive me.

*Anna's POV*

Zach and I moved silently, shoving a few of my belongings into an old suitcase we had found in my Dad's room.

My Dad's room still smelled like stale beer and cigarettes. It almost made me throw up.

I chose not to pack most of my books, as I knew that they would be here when I got back and I didn't want to have to carry them back when I came back.

I would come back. I just didn't know how.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash from downstairs. I put my head in my hands. I just wanted to forget that Harry ever came back.

Wordlessly, Zach stood up and left the room.

"Could you be quiet?" he yelled down the stairs.

There was no response.

Zach walked back into my room and slammed the door behind him.

"Thanks for trying," I said without looking up.

I stood up and finished packing my bags. Dash weaved around my feet, whimpering.

"You should probably go," I said, looking at Zach. "It's 3am"

"Alright," he said quietly, not meeting my gaze. "I'll come back tomorrow, alright?"

"Yup," I gulped, barely avoiding sobs that wanted to take over me. They would have to wait until Zach was gone.

Before I knew it, he engulfed me in a hug.

"It's going to be alright" he whispered before turning and swiftly leaving my room from the window.

I slumped back down against the wall. I knew I wasn't going to be getting any sleep that night.

There was a light tapping at my door.

"Fuck off, Harry," I groaned.

"I just wanted to talk," he said quietly.

"I said fuck off." I repeated, annoyed.

The floorboards creaked as he left the spot outside my door.

And finally, I let a few tears escape.