chapter 1

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" Rang one of the worst, but most convenient of inventions of all time; my stupid alarm. Too tired to reach over and hit the snooze button, I grabbed a stuffed animal and flinged it over to my bedside table to hit the alarm. I smiled to myself as I heard the big crash of the alarm on the floor and the faded sound of the beeping. My smile quickly turned to a frown when I realized that all my stuff had gotten knocked down in the process. Dammit! I didn't think that through. Oh well.

As I tried to get up, my head swung back when a painful head-rush pulsed through my skull. I hate hangovers. I tried again, throwing my legs over the edge of the bed, sitting up. Whew! Another head rush, but not strong enough to make me fall back like before. As I got up and tried to walk, I felt an aching pain between my legs. Oh no, I hope what I just thought happened didn't actually happen.

"Oh yeah, thats right i'm doin' me

I'm doin' me

I'm livin' life right now man and this

what ima do til its ova

til its ova but its far from ova"

I sang along to my ringtone "Over" by Drake until I realized it was my best friend calling, so I raced to to my bed to search for phone. After much feeling around and cursing the plush sheets, I finally found it under my pillow right on time. 

"Yooooooooooooo!!!!" I howled into the phone.

"Hey sash! The party was awesome last night! I got so frickin' wasted I forgot how I even got home to be honest!" She boomed, the liquor obviously didn't wear down enough.

"Not gonna lie, you were pretty wild hun," I agreed.

"I know I know, but what I'd like to know is what happened between you and Matt. Mhmm start talking, my dear," She demanded.

"Yes, yes I knew you'd ask babe. Come over in about 30 minutes, my parents are both on tour and I need someone to help me deal with my hangover. "

"Okee dokee! I'll be there in a few," She confirmed.

"Yay ok, cool! Beebye," I hung up.

After my talk with Shy, I managed to get to my bathroom after 3 minutes of walking (painful struggling). Oh Lord, what did I do? I really enjoy having such a big room, but sometimes it does not come in handy, like now.

When I got to my bathroom, I brushed my teeth and gargled mouthwash twice, desperately trying to get the aftertaste of alcohol off of my tongue. I stripped and turned the water on hot and got in. The feeling of the hot water on my body instantly became an antidote to my pain and relaxed the knots in my body.

After 15 minutes of pure bliss and ecstasy, I finally turned off the water and dried off with my body dryer and slipped into a  bath robe. I walked out of the bathroom and stepped into my walk-in closet.  "Ah what to wear, what to wear?" I sighed, as I browsed through the different choices and styles of clothing. I settled on some jeans  shorts , a black crop top with a Medusa face, and a pair of black and gold platform vans. I threw them on over my undergarments and walked over to the makeup counter in my closet. For makeup, I just settled for pink lip gloss/lip stick, a little eye liner, and some mascara. Afterwards, I combed my waist length black hair. I then stepped in front of my over sized mirror. After taking in my outfit and browsing over my deep caramel colored skin, I was satisfied with how I looked. Thankful for being blessed with my mother's body. I then headed downstairs to the kitchen, a long glass of cold water and a large mug of hot coffee was definitely calling my name.

God, please tell me that Louise made coffee this morning when she came in. I barely have the strength to walk the three steps I have left on the stairs. My prayer was revealed to be answered as I found a hot mug of my favorite coffee waiting for me on the counter with a small note on it.

-I know, I didn't even have to come up and ask you ;). I'm out running errands and grocery shopping for today, call me if you need anything special. Louise

Sighhhh. Thank you so much, always my life saver that Louise. I took a seat on the stool in front of the counter and sipped on my coffee, finishing just in time to answer Shyanne's loud knocking.

"HEEEYYYYY SEEEXXYYY!" Shyanne boomed.

"Helloo my equally sexy other half, please enough of the loudness, my head is killing me," I beg, rubbing my temples to soothe the pain.

"Fine fine fine, and you flatter me, now get to talking little miss." Shyanne rushed me anxiously.

I cracked up on how she went from loud and sweet to  serious in less than 10 seconds. My laugh immediately turned to a hold when she gave me a glare. Her big hazel eyes that were usually light and full of humour, now showed no sign of playing games, she meant business. Then unexpectedly, she pounced on me.

"OKAY OKAY! DON'T GET YOUR THONGS IN A BUNCH!! I'LL SPILL!!! JUST STOP ATTACKING ME!!" I cried in surrender as she tickled me.

****************************