Day Two

Where would I like to be in ten years.

(Ten Years from Now) 

     "Here's your change; thank you for stopping at Rose's!" I flashed the customer a smile, setting the two quarters and three nickels in his palm. He smiled back, turning and sitting in one of the several tables that scattered the cafe part of the store.

     "Mir, you can take off now. I got this covered." Hannah, my employee touched my shoulder gently. She waved me off and I sighed, bringing my hand to my pregnant stomach.

     "Okay, fine, but make sure you put another pot of coffee on, and make more cookies and-"

     "Just. Go. You're what? Like eight months pregnant and almost nine. You shouldn't be working when you're 'bout ready to pop."

     "Hannah, my business is just starting to swell. We're getting amazing book-lovers that flood the shop and coffee-lovers that buy fifty-two lattes a week. This baby will not and cannot stop me from running my dream."

     "You also have another dream, and that's taking care of your family. All of this stress you're putting on yourself isn't good for the baby. Don't make me get Mr. Nathan on you." I rolled my eyes, throwing my apron in her face.

     "Alright, alright. I'm going. Have a nice day, Han."

     "You too." She waved me goodbye, and I pushed out of the store, turning back and glancing at the big sign, decorated in roses and vines.  I adored coffee, even if I couldn't have much of any while I was pregnant. It was always on my mind to own a book store/ coffee shop, while being a writing. My plan was, if the business hadn't worked out, I would had become an English teacher. I wasn't naive enough to think that writing was going to pay all of the bills. I knew God would point me in the right direction of what I wanted, but sometimes He did things for the greater good.

     I slid into my car, taking a swing around the small town's marketplace before heading for the country roads. Even though I had grown up in a town almost seven times bigger, I liked living in place where no more than five thousand lived. I had always wanted a water-front house in the country. Fortunately for me, Nathan had wanted the same, so we moved into a cottage-like house out by the clear lake that the DNR had prohibited gas motors on. It was as clear as glass.

     Pulling into my house, I noticed my husband's car in the driveway. I was ecstatic. He had gone on a "Daddy to Be" trip with his friends, and he had been gone for the whole week. The only thing that kept me company was numerous trips from my frantic mother who was always worrying about me, was our two dogs: Max and Blu, and our cat: Willow.

     "Nate? Are you home?" I peeked around the office door, and he stood up from his chair, scooping me up in his arms. 

     "Did you miss me?" He kissed my cheek, and I closed my eyes softly, holding him tightly from the side, considering my stomach that would separate us.

     "Of course I did. Did you have a good time?"

     "Not without you there." Ladies and gentlemen, that's how I knew that God had pointed me to the right guy for me.

So, yeah. That's a little of how I wish my life would be like in ten years. I want to own a book store/coffee shop and be a writer with a family.

Hope you all enjoyed this little masterpiece. It's dedicated to my friend Mikala  @BreathingWater, because as I had already typed a quick little something up, and was ready for an early bed time, she told me to get up and write a short story of it. So here's the best I got. I'm exhausted.

LOVE YA'LL LOTS.

♥A