Chapter 6: Soon you will be

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 6: Lydia

I could've reported the message. I could've skipped class and gone to the police station. This creep would be discovered and I could move on with my life.

But I couldn't bring myself to do any of that.

"What're ya doin', teach?" Chris drapes his arm around my shoulder, his free hand laced with Jaz's.

I look up, forcing my wide eyes to normal size and tell him, "Oh nothing, just waiting for you lazy bums."

"HA." Jaz huffs. "So hilarious."

"Aren't I?" I kid back.

Within a few minutes the three of us make it to my lecture hall. A few students are standing outside, holding their choice of hot beverages.

"Hey, everyone!" I call as I unlock the building. A rush of students fly by as I open the doors, Jaz and Chris amongst them.

I make my way down the lecture hall ramp as I think over the last few weeks. My mother accepting me as an adult was something I hadn't expected. Dad had gone back West to Tanya and the kids.

Typical, abandon me when things got rough.

Pushing aside my negative thoughts, I capture the room's attention and begin a new topic in exciting lessons I had planned for them. A few took vigorous notes while others leaned forward, focused on the words slipping from my mouth.

About an hour later, I called for a break, my throat becoming sore like it usually does this time of year. Taking out my water bottle, I sip its contents as the chatter throughout the room rises.

I pick up my phone and flip to the ominous text I received.

Your pink lips look so kissable right now, Ms. Sky.

Who the hell would be texting me that? I mean, its not like I give my personal phone number out to anyone. But who would have access to it.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" A smooth as velvet voice coos.

I look up, seeing that Jaz is, as per usual, sitting atop my desk next to my papers and laptop.

"Nothing," I say, beginning to close out of the messenger app.

Before I can say anything, Jaz takes my phone out of my hands, against my will.

"HEY!" I yell, gaining unwanted attention from my students.

Jaz's eyes widen when she sees the words sprawled out on the screen.

"Please tell me this is Harry..." she tells me slowly.

"I wish." I mutter, biting down on my bottom lip. "I got it this morning."

She looks up at me, her hands pushing my phone into mine. Hopping off of the desk, she pulls me closer to her, both of her arm cupping my shoulders.

"You need to report this." She explains, "Things like this don't go over easily if they're dragged out."

"I know, but-"

"After class, you and I are going to the police." She tells me, her voice firm and holding a sort of superiority that a student shouldn't have over a teacher. But, I do give in.

The next two hours of class pass and before I know it, one of my students is calling time, signaling the end of our time together. We all pack up our things and head out of the lecture hall, on our way to our own destinations and places.

"Ready?" Jaz questions, hopping up to my desk.

I continue to slowly pack up my belongings when Chris walks up next to his girlfriend. My eyes widen slightly but return to their normal size.

"Ready for what, J?" He questions her, kissing her temple.

"Lydia and I are going to go christmas shopping. Aren't you going to hang out with the boys before we leave for the rest of vacation?" Jaz asks him back.

He nods his head once, kisses her lips quite greedily and then waves goodbye to me, heading off for the door.

"So, shopping?" I ask hopefully. I sling my messenger bag over my shoulder and we begin our ascent up the aisle.

"First, police station." Jaz grins at me. When she sees my frown, she adds, "Okay, and then shopping."

We make our way back to my apartment and I reach into my pocket, retrieving my car keys. We walk into the building's parking lot where my small car is sitting, a light blanket of white covering it.

"Get in, I'll take care of it." I tell her, taking out the snow brush. Jaz scoots into the passenger seat and takes her phone out, waiting for my arrival.

I begin brushing away the light dust, and I'm nearly finished too, when I see something out of the corner of my eye. Bringing my face closer, I see that a slip of paper is jammed roughly underneath one of the window wipers.

I wipe the fallen snow from the note, squinting my eyes to read the messy, slanted handwriting.

The way your lips move excites me to no end, Ms. Sky. I wish you were mine. Soon, though, you will be.
~X

Holding my open mouth, I attempt to hold in my terrified shriek, but only manage to stifle part of it. Jaz, hearing the stranger noise, leaps from the car and over to me. I force the note into her hands, tears beginning to form in my eyes.

"Why do they keep doing this?!" I yell, grabbing at my hair roughly. "First my phone, and now my car?! For gods sake they know where I live, Jaz! What if they break in next?"

Her always calm and stern eyes hold a new and foreign emotion in them: fear.

"Jasmine?" I cry out her full name, showing how utterly horrified I am.

She blinks a few times, trying to asses the situation. She takes a few deep breaths, clear her throat and sighs.

"Get in the car." She tells me.

"But then-" I begin.

"We have to take this one step at a time if we want to keep calm." She explains, her shaky hands circling my wrist to guide me into the driver's seat. She makes her way to the passenger side, taking her seat.

"And what if-"

She holds a single hand up silencing me instantly, "Just drive."

And so I do.

*****

This stalker person is becoming more and more creepy, am I right?

Remember to drop a vote, a comment, and add it to your library so you know when I update. Also, fan me? You will get a notification if you do.

How do you think you would act if a stranger left these notes for you?

What will the police do to help Lydia solve this?

Find out in chapter 7!

LOVE YOU!

-Caroline