Chapter 5: Pink Lips

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 5: Harry

I was still surprised that David, Lydia's father, knew how to play the piano.

I had walked into the room, looking around at the large instrument before sitting down on the bench. When I was younger, I had learnt at school how to play a few little notes on the piano, but my main focus was singing; obviously.

"Are you okay?" My love's voice questions me from across the table.

Looking up, I smile and nod at her. Her perfect pink lips pull into a strong grin, looking around the restaurant again. I reach across the table, enveloping her soft hands into my own.

"I love you," I tell her, proud that I had the chance to love someone like this.

Her green eyes soften, "I love you too."

The waiter comes back, a small tray filled with our food on it. The two of us got the same meal: their oh so famous nachos that Lydia claimed they had.

"I hope you two enjoy, wave me over if you need anything else." The guy tells us before spinning around and going off to another table.

We both dig into our meals and I'm not surprised at what I taste. The sweet and savory food melted in my mouth so easily that I could've groaned from happiness.

"Like it?" Lydia chuckles, seeing my reaction.

"Your judgement is spot on, Sky." I wink at her. "I mean, of course it is, you picked me, didn't you?"

"You're the one who kissed me first." She stuck her tongue out at me playfully.

We continued to eat in silence and then I pay the check. The two of us walk out, hand in hand and then stroll around the town. I could spend hours just doing this.

Living in a small city, with Lydia, spending my time with just her. We laughed, we chased each other around the parks, and we slowly saw the sun creep away from us. It was now getting closer to 8 PM.

"What shall we do now?" I ask, looping my arm with her's.

"Want to help me get my things together?" She questions, leading us back to the car I was renting.

"Where are you planning on moving, Lyd?" I ask back.

Her eyes don't meet mine and I see her swallow. Biting down on her bottom lip, she finally turns to look at me.

"Could I go with you?"

Now, it was my turn to widen my eyes. She wanted to come with me? I couldn't imagine our life from this moment on.

"Seriously?"

Her smile falters and my heart drops.

"That's not what I meant!" I say, holding onto her arm a bit tighter. "I was just surprised. Aren't you a professor at the university, though?"

"So?" She shrugs. "I only took that job to please my mother."

"But, as a teacher, shouldn't you at least finish the year. For your students sake at least."

"That's, like, six months away though. What if..." She pauses, the gears turning slowly in her head.

"What if what, babe?" I stop walking, turning her towards me.

"What if something happens? What if you meet some other girl besides me?" Her bottom lip is pulled into her mouth and I feel my heart start to crack.