Chapter 1 | A Very Unfortunate Series Of Events

Albus Dumbeldore was proud to say that he was one of the, if not the most , intelligent man alive. Many wizards listened to his advices, and many more counted on him to protect them from the dark forces.

   After the defeat of Grindelwald the wizarding population at large started looking up to him as the leader of light, the protector of the good and just. When Lord Voldemort rose to power Albus's words were the law, and his orders were to be followed blindly.

   It was a slow and steady process, but by the end of it Albus Dumbeldore had transformed into a man that believed his thoughts and opinions were the right ones, and opinions that differed to his should be discarded and changed.

   So on Halloween, when he arrived to what was left of the once Potter's house, nobody questioned his decision to take Harry and bring him to a muggle family. McGonagall was the only one who put up a fight but quickly stopped once she learned they were Harry's relatives.

   Had he not been so blinded by his own greatness, maybe he would have seen the mistake he was making. Maybe if he had looked into the boys eyes and seen the unnatural and magical green, if he had seen the stillness with which he laid in the blankets, maybe, just maybe he could have prevented it all.

   But he didn't.

   And when morning came, and Harry was waiting for Petunia Dursley to open the door and take him in,  Albus was absolutely sure that his plan would succeed.

   Only it didn't.

   Harry spent precisely six hours with the Dursley's before he was shoved into a car and taken to the furthest orphanage in London. There Petunia claimed she had no idea who he was and couldn't possible raise another child.

   "Does he have a name?" Asked Mrs Bennett , the head of the orphanage.

   "Harry..." Petunia paused for a second, and looked into Harry's eyes.

   "Harry Emrys , his name is Harry Emrys "

*note; for those of you who don't know Emrys is name that was given to Merlin when he was born .*