Chapter 32

I shimmy into the dress, zipping it on my own and putting on the dark pink heels I picked to wear with it. I go over my hair one more time before applying my lipstick and covering my face in a thick layer of setting spray. I do another once-over in the mirror before stepping out of the bathroom into my room.

"Holy fuck Syd, you look so hot," Amanda says, getting up and circling around me.

"Baby girl, pink is totally your color," Julia chimes in from the floor where she is doing her makeup.

She is wearing a black shimmery low cut dress, claiming she needed to make a statement now that she is dating the captain of the soccer team. Amanda on the other hand is wearing a cute plaid skirt and sweater which looks hot but not as eye catching as Julia. I opted for a light pink lace bodycon dress. It is a little short but not that short. I think about putting a pair of nike pros under it but they leave a weird line on my back from the band, instead making sure I wear super cute underwear.

"Time check," I ask, grabbing my crossbody and my black leather jacket.

"Pulling up any second," Julia says, spraying her face in setting spray and getting up. I grab my phone off the charger and see a snapchat from Matt. I open it and it is a video of him cheersing shots with his friends at the party. I wonder how I should act around him tonight since we both already said we weren't telling our friends. Is he going to hang out with other girls?

"Syd! Are you ready?" Amanda is waving her hand in front of my face as Julia is half out my door.

"Sorry, yeah let's go." We walk down to the car, letting my mom snap a few cute group pictures of all of us before we leave. I push Matt out of my head not answering his snapchat, tonight is going to be fun. None of us have been to a party since that first week of school and a lot has changed since then. I know tonight will be a lot more fun without J being impulsive or Kyle being stupid.

When we pull up, much like last time the house is already packed. Everyone is buzzing about next week's Halloween party already. The theme is good vs. bad, which according to Tyler is much better than last year's theme of animals. To say he is still bitter Amanda made him dress up as a lion is an understatement.

When we walk into the house, I immediately notice Matt at the top of the stairs drinking with a girl who looks a little older than us. I look away, pretending I didn't see him as Tom walks over. "Hey gu- that fucker, if he sleeps with my sister again, I swear!" Everyone now turns around to look at Matt and Tom's sister. She is pushing him and he is laughing grabbing her hand in his.

The entire group looks at me before Julia looks at Tom and smiles. "Tom, I don't know if you have ever met Sydney, but she is my cousin and boy can she dance." She shoves me forward, causing me to stumble into him.

"So you're Sydney?" he says, peeking back toward Matt before getting a look on his face I can't read. "Wanna dance?" I am hesitant at first but decide to go for it.

We walk toward the kitchen, both grabbing drinks before heading to where everyone is dancing. "Boys Ain't Shit" by Saygrace is playing and I laugh, singing loudly and dancing. Tom dances with me but not grinding on me like the other guys in the room are on random girls.

"So, your parents are cool with you always throwing such big parties?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Sort of? They are the type of people that would rather you do it at home in front of them than hide it behind their back. At least if they know, they can make sure you are being safe, you know?" I nod, totally understanding what he is saying. "What is your favorite song?"

"Ummm... right now? Probably "Hot Girl Bummer" by Blackbear." He smiles, pulling out his phone and suddenly as the song ends the intro to "Hot Girl Bummer" begins. "Wow, you have all the power!"