❪ vii. ❫ WHAT THE HELL WE GONNA DO. . . NOW?

CHAPTER SEVEN.

❝ be gentle with yourself

be gentle with yourself.

WHY AM I HERE AGAIN?〞

Daphne White was currently in the car that
belonged to Steve Harrington on the way the
house that belonged to Nancy Wheeler. The bouquet of flowers from the night before were resting in Steve's backseat , and Daphne smiled softly remembering their run in at the market.

"Because of this—" he pointed to his bruised eye dramatically. "You owe me."

Daphne rolled her eyes. "I don't know how bringing another girl along is going to make Nancy want to forgive you any more than she already doesn't." She reached in the backseat to grab the roses. "And secondly I didn't ask for you to get into a fight for meyou're asking me to get into a fight for you."

"I'm not asking you to fight her!"

"I know. But if she makes you cry I'll crack
her in half." Daphne smirked.

Steve laughed and shook his head. He took a deep breath as he parked in Nancy's driveway , rubbing his sweaty palms on his jeans. "Okay so I apologize , right? Like I say something like Nancy I–I love you and I'm sorry for. . ." He groaned , dropping his head into his hands. "What am I sorry for again?"

Daphne bit back a rude remark before patting his shoulder. "All you have to do is say your sorry and use your hair to hypnotize her into accepting it." She stated earning a glare in response making Daphne sigh. "Look Steve , if she doesn't accept your apology who cares? She left you remember. Don't chase after someone like that."

Steve nodded at her words. "I'm trying to hide it Daphne , but Nancy really did hurt me."

Daphne smiled sadly. She knew the feeling of heartbreak all too well. "I know Steve. But if you really love her then go up to that door and tell her!" Her tongue burned as she said those words but she knew it'd be selfish of her to kill any chance he'd have. Nancy Wheeler was beginning to look like a shitty person in her eyes and she'd never thought she'd say that regarding Steve Harrington's feelings.

"If I come back crying will you still crack her in half for me?"

"Like a walnut." She winked.

Daphne watched Steve anxiously make his way to walk up the door , staring in curiosity as a younger boy with curly hair stopped him. Due to Steve's inconsideration , the windows were still rolled up and all Daphne wasn't talented enough to read lips. The boy snatched the flowers from Steve's hands and walked up to the car.