❪ v. ❫ I THINK YOU'RE PRETTY.

CHAPTER FIVE.

❝ you are better than you think

you are better than you think.

DAPHNE AND HER MOTHER
sat at the dinned table in silence. It was halfpast seven and Steve Harrington had yet to show up. Daphne hadn't expected anything different to happen , she already knew he only accepted the invite at of pure pity and obligation , but her mother on the other hand refused to touch any of the food until the brown haired boy arrivedbecause the Harrington's never accept an invite they can't take.

Daphne took small sips of her water to cure the hunger nipping in her stomach. She didn't feel like irritating her mother anymore than she already had by eating without being told to do so.

"Mom I don't think he's coming." Daphne mumbled after a few short seconds of her mother checking her watch for the twentieth time that evening.

Rolling her eyes , Rose sipped at her wine. "Nonsense Daphne. The Harrington's"

"Never accepted an invite they can't take!"
Daphne mocked her mother's words irritably.

The clock seemed to tik by agonizingly slow. Daphne had lost all hope of Steve's arrival any time soonand so was her mother by the wrinkles around her mouth from pursing her lips too hard. Letting out a frustrated sigh , Rose reached for the salad bowl. "Something much have came up because"

In the midst of her words the doorbell hang rang. Both Rose and Daphne's head snapped towards the door. After a moment of silence of doing absolutely nothing and moving not even the muscle in her finger , Rose hurriedly threw down the salad tosser and practically ran towards the door. Daphne bit her lip to hide her laugh as Rose stumbled towards the door frame , her heel almost giving out on her weight.

The petite woman wasted no time in throwing the door open and greeting a nervous and disheveled Steve Harrington on the other side. Daphne couldn't hide the shock on her face as her mother ushered him in with her hand on the small of his back. "Steve! I'm so glad you could make it!" She gushed making Daphne's stomach sick.

As soon as Steve came into her sight , his brown eyes found her own. Her mother's words became silent as he smiled down at the girl's expression. "Daphne didn't think you would come and I told her she was absolutely mad. The Harrington's"