Singled Out

Eyyyy! Another chapter for all you peeps stuck at home. (I'm actually really enjoying the isolation lol)

Comment and vote and all that! Oh, and thanks so much for all the new follows!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RECAP

          The White-Eyed Demon was charging through the ranks of soldiers. There were only about a thousand or so left. The rest were bloodied corpses strewn on the rain-soaked battlefield. The soldiers had begun to flee for the forest, and the crazed man was cutting them down even as they ran. The demon got in-between the escaping warriors and the woods they were straining to reach, to hide in, slaughtering them without mercy with his bare hands.

          Steve gently laid Rand's head down. He leapt up and, with a final glance at his dead friend, did as he'd been bidden.

          He turned and ran.

          Away from the slaughter.

          Away from the demon.

          Away from everything he'd grown to love.

          He fled to the land of the Dark Rocks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Steve's tough, leather boots pounded through the grass along with his heartbeat as he swiped stray tears from his blue eyes. His chest throbbed painfully, and he clutched at his breastplate with his right hand, sure a bruise was forming from Rand's impact. He raised his eyes to the dark mountains he was charging towards. Lightning struck one of the blackened stones, tearing wicked shards from the shale and hurling them down into the grass, among the dead soldiers.

           He was nearing the rocks.

          Steve increased his pace while risking a glance over his left shoulder. The cries were fewer now and spaced wider apart. The monster was running out of victims.

          Steve sucked in air and drove his legs harder, "Mu-st m-make it..."

          The creature with the glowing eyes stopped its crazed killing for an instant, a dead soldier still hanging by his neck in the demon's merciless grasp. The being's glowing eyes bored into the backs of several warriors fleeing for the Dark Mountains.

          His 'homeland'.

          His glowing eyes picked out one man in particular. This young soldier was running his heart out, the blank-eyed one could hear the man's heart overworking itself hundreds of blocks away, even over the lightning and torrential rain. What really caught the powerful being's interest, however, was the fact that the guy had dressed almost exactly like him. The cyan tunic, the dark, indigo pants...even the gray boots were of the same make as his own.

          The creature grinned and hurled the body he'd been holding away. That one would be fun to hunt. For now, his thirst for blood and torment had been sated. He closed his eyes and focused on wrapping his body in energy. He flashed away from his spot and appeared in a dark cavern. It was one of the millions the Dark Mountains housed. He chuckled, he liked to keep a few left-over soldiers alive to hunt later. He estimated he'd left about twenty this round. It was less than his usual, then again, he hadn't gotten to taste raw fear in so long, so he'd killed more than he cared to.

          The being smirked again and headed off into a side tunnel branching away from the massive cavern. All but his eyes were wrapped in the thick darkness.

          The hunt was about to begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know...short chapter...next one is longer!!

Hope you enjoyed!

Over n' out,

~ScarOfHerobrine