Fight!

Hello, readers! The art for this cover was made by the amazing Annkh-Redox on Devianart, she's incredibly talented, go check her out HERE - https://www.deviantart.com/annkh-redox

          The cover is temporary as I have plans to make my OWN eventually...

          This is a fic I am very excited about, and I hope y'all like it! It's gonna have a TON of action in it, rest assured.

          Enjoy the first official chapter of 'Fallen Honor'!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Lightning tore through the night sky and thunder made its presence known. Rain came down in sheets, and the wind turned the drops into liquid needles and hurled them down at the iron-clad army far below. 

          The army, made up of around 3,500 able-bodied men and women, was positioned on a large, grassy clearing. To their backs was a wind-whipped forest that stood to watch the slaughter. Before them was a huge, broken mountain chain made of dark rocks that glistened in the downpour. The pointy slabs jutted out of the ground, deadly and sharp, like the claws of a buried giant. The rocks seemed to guard a land full of faulty potholes, unstable stone, trenches, and dangerous cliffs. To enter this barren land was suicide. You would either die from cave-ins, falling, drowning, getting lost among the labyrinths the mountains harbored...

          ...or from what resided within the mountains.

          "Steady in the ranks! No breaking formation!"

          The order was repeated by captains wearing gold helmets down the column of drenched soldiers. The men and women in the ranks were dressed in iron breastplates and helmets, and those who could afford more armor were wearing shin guards and iron-plated boots. All wielded the standard-issue iron sword.

          All knew the swords were pointless. They were all going to die.

          A general rode his snorting, bay horse up and down the pitiful line. Steam rose from the wet horse, and its eyes rolled, showing the whites. It knew what was coming.

          The general fought his nervous mount. He wore a diamond helmet and an iron chest plate. The emblem of the lord Notch was emblazoned on the front of the small iron shield at his back. Tiny rivulets of rainwater ran down his face and were lost in his dark goatee, "Do not break formation! Whatever comes, whatever happens today, know this...Today, you have been chosen to give all for your families! Your homes! Your country! Your lord! Today, will be remembered, will be told to future generations...Today we fight!" The general's voice rose to a fevered pitch as he drew a shining diamond blade from his sheath and raised it over his head, "Today, OUR! ENEMY! WILL! FALL!"

          No cheer of roused soldiers greeted him. Only terrified gasps and a scream.

          The general, Dyle, whipped his horse's head around. His hand fell to the sword at his side as he gaped at what was causing his soldiers such dread.

          A figure stood in the rain. The man was tall and menacing. His dark, longish hair was whipped to and fro by the wind, and his drenched cyan shirt flapped against his hard-muscled torso. The man's head was angled down, and his eyes were closed.

          Lightning struck just behind the dark figure, illuminating his lightly tanned face. He was smiling manically. Thunder shattered the silence.

          General Dyle gasped softly. This was it. The moment he'd lived for...

          ...and would probably die for, "Archers!"

          The creaking of bowstrings answered his call.

          Dyle raised his sword as lightning struck a tree behind the army with an earsplitting, CRACKKKKK!!!

          His horse reared and bolted, "Chaaaaaaaaaarrrrge!!!"

          Bowstrings released with a thrumming hum as the soldiers behind him roared, raising their blades as one, and starting after him. Arrows hissed viciously through the rain. The pounding of the soldiers' boots was a deafening answer to the sky's thunder.

          To his thunder.

          It was a salute to death.

          White, shining eyes opened to the army before them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, I know, but let me know what you think! Vote and comment, if you dare!

Gosh, I love action scenes, gets the blood PUMPIN you know?

Over n' out,

~ScarOfHerobrine