Chapter 6: First Experiences are Painful

12/28/19

7:00 pm

Outside of Misty Mountain

Me, Cord, and Abby were walking down the forest leading up to Misty Mountain when I just stopped out of nowhere. I had to admit, the view from the bottom looking up to the peak from the mountain was a lot more surprising than what I originally thought it would be. I'll probably have to get used to this, since Cord's map showed there were more mountains here around this continent.

"Lucas, are you coming or not?" Cord said looking back at me.

I shook my head out of concentration, and responded, "Yeah, I'm coming!" I ran toward Abby and Cord and followed along once again...

'Cord we need to talk via telepathy because it's about telepathy.' No one talked for a couple of moments while getting ever so closer to the huge mountain in front of us. The window of opportunity was closing... 'Come on, Cord. Respond!'

Cord moved his head while moving forward to look at me. Did you call?

I took a sigh of relief and nodded... 'Remember when you heard shouting in the waterfall earlier today?'

Yeah... Did someone speak to you using telepathy?

'Yup. Here's the thing though. The voice that spoke to me sounded like a female, almost like Abby's. But she can't do telepathy since she's a Normal type... I think.'

Cord squinted his eyes soon after, and asked the question that was pretty obvious to ask. Please don't tell me who ever it was knew that you were human.

Okay, I won't tell you.

Abby finally barged in, and yelled, "Hey Cord! Lucas!" She looked back at the two of us. "Misty Mountain is just up ahead!" After a few seconds of her stopping, we could see her start to run towards the mountain. "Last one there is a rotten Exeggcute!"

We both stopped to look at each other. "You know I'm not backing down from a challenge," the Raichu said grinning soon after. I slowly nodded, and next thing you know, both of us started running to catch up to the little Eevee. One thing's for sure, though.

I'm never going to use Pokémon puns the same way ever again.

***

12/28/19

7:10 pm

Misty Mountain 1F

With Abby and Cord giving death stares at me, something had to be wrong. "Lucas, you are a complete cheater," The Eevee said, sitting down soon after.

"Am not!" My eyes stared back at Abby while my arms folded. When I turned to Cord, he shook his head and sighed.

"Manny, you used Quick Attack to get here a few seconds faster," he responded to my lie. "That counts as cheating."

I didn't even want to admit what I did, so I blurted out, "I'm sorry, but it's not my fault that I'm not used to this body yet!" I paused myself soon after realizing that the statement I made kinda makes me sound crazy. "But fine, I guess you win Abby."

My arm went around Abby as I quickly apologized, but she didn't even forgive me! She asked, "What do you mean by 'not used to this body'?" Seriously, who does—...

Crap.

"We'll explain later," Cord said. He looked exasperated at me right now, and a grin with my hand behind my neck was my only response.