three

EMMETT

I watch with mild curiosity as our timid tour guide plays with her hands in between making gestures towards the cafeteria and bathrooms. I can hear the shakiness as she tries to keep her voice clear and at a decent level. It's not hard to see she's nervous, and whether it has to do with our looks is questionable. We can be pretty intimidating without realizing it.

Rory is small, competing with Alice height-wise, and her features are soft. I had noticed her eyes upon first meeting her; a bright hazel with a hint of grey in the sunlight. To say she isn't attractive would be a lie, as her natural beauty could knock the air out of anyone's lungs.

An image of Rose flashes in my mind, and I quickly look everywhere but at her. I can't allow myself to have those feelings, to think like that. It'll only end with me getting hurt again. No matter what this feeling I—

"And this is the gym."

Her words snap me back into reality, and I can hear Edward let out a soft, barely audible laugh at my expense. I elbow him in the side, earning a 'you better behave' glare from Bella. I look up at Rory, who seems oblivious to the exchange between us.

"Is there anything else you'd like to see? The library maybe?" Rory asks sweetly, and I can't help but smile at just how genuinely kind she is. Her personality is like the sun—bright and cheerful.

"I think all you've covered everything," Bella says with a smile, and I can see Rory's shoulders relax at my sister's words.

"Well, in that case, I will leave you two to it. Emmett, I believe you and I have first period together. We should probably head that way, so we won't miss it," Rory informs, turning her gaze to meet mine as she awaits my response. I quickly nod my head, stepping aside so she can lead the way.

•••

Author's Note: I know this is a shorter chapter, but there wasn't anything else I feel like I could've added to it. Don't be afraid to leave a comment to let me know what you think!